1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where would you stay for double convention week?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Bamfbowhunter, May 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In feb I am headed out to Vegas for two different events in the same week. The Ntl Archery festival shoot at south point and the SCI show at Mandalay Bay. I will have to be at south-point once a day to shoot my round and then at night/later afternoon I will need to be at the SCI show and stuff.

I will most likely need a rental car it seems. Should I stay down at south point or on the strip?

I was thinking either NYNY, MC or Luxor and then driving to shoot every day.

2. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at South Point a couple of times.

It was not only physically nice, but it was "easy in - easy out" in terms of driving.

3. Pbtrav

Pbtrav Mid level gambler.....high level drinker!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would stay at the strip....more activities in the evening, and no worry about driving back to South Point after your evenings at Mandalay

4. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Ya that's what I am thinking. All of my south point stuff will be over by like 5pm

5. aashleyjc

aashleyjc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stay at Mandalay Bay. Nicer than South Point, more dining options, easy access to the strip, and if you have a rental you don't have to mess with much strip traffic. I know a lot of people say MB is too far south, but if you are starting your day off at South Point you have nowhere to go but north.

6. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1. Just take a cab between Mandalay Bay and South Point. Works out well if you can expense the cab ride.

7. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you can stay at Mandalay it's awesome. It's an adventure to get to their convention space, since it's so large, might be of use to you to stay there.

The other 3 you mentioned, I'd stay if it was A LOT less than Mandalay. I'd probably pick Luxor first for the proximity to Mandalay.

8. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For us, it depends on the cost of the room. We have been there during a major convention and the rates were over well over $200 per night (weekday) for a budget hotel (ex. Flamingo, Harrah's, etc) on the strip, so we opted to stay downtown. Use your judgement and what you are willing to pay during your stay. Lots of great advice on this board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.