1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Old Homestead (CP)?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by adamk, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamk

adamk Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never heard anything about this place on any of the various message boards I float around.

Has anyone eaten here? Seems like a good "old fashioned steak house" without the pretense of a place like STK or N9NE.

Thoughts?

2. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's more like the Palm, but more expensive. Not top tier at all

Definitely stop ink you're comped, keep walking if not

3. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    one of the top steak houses from nyc , its the only second one thats why you never heard of it kinda like peter lugars has only 1 location in brooklyn and they only take cash or there own credir card.

mixed reviews about the one here, typical vegas steak house prices

yes its old school steak house you cant go wrong, its about the meat not the show

4. Kickin

Kickin Flea

There are a lot of better steakhouses in NY than Old Homestead, but it is still an icon given its history and look. If you go for lunch they actually make an awesome and popular burger.

Unfortunately the Caesars one doesn't offer that, and that leads to the one of the only things I've ever heard about that location - its completely different than the original other than the name.

I think its retarded that Peter Luger only takes cash, I don't know why people think that's cool. I'm no steak expert, but if they opened a Luger's in Vegas it would probably become the top steakhouse there just given the brand.

5. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed the food at the Old Homestead but it has zero atmosphere stuck in the middle and noisy as hell. I wouldn't go back.

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ask the irs about the cash thing.

i never undrestood why they never did other locations but when your the best you dont have to explain your self i guess.

and its in brooklyn not manhattan and reservations are a bitch go figure.

and all the serve is steak or you can have steak or steak

7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually quit recommending Peter Luger to those visiting NYC. Those from the midwest are surprised at the way the steaks are prepared and served and tend not to like it.

As to Old Homestead, it looks nothing like the original.

I think it was this board that someone said the music there was exceptionally loud for a dining venue.

8. Kickin

Kickin Flea

That's another reason the cash thing is stupid. That area of Williamsburg is fairly nice and safe now but even just a decade ago it was kind of a sketchy area, before that it was even worse. And you knew anyone walking in there had at least hundreds if not thousands of dollars on them. I've heard reservations are a bitch but the only two times I've been there were for work and booked pretty late, but those were for lunch.

9. azpokerkid

azpokerkid Tourist

Ate at old homestead last April. Steaks were good, sides were average, kitchen sink salad was amazing, service top notch! The bone in filet is a must.

10. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no music there as its an open venue.

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    but everyone took town cars or limos, so it didnt matter, i guess when you the best people come,its worked for them so we cant nock it.

12. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are in the front by the walkway I believe that you are across from the shadow bar and the music is annoying.

13. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll need to pay more attention on this next trip. I know it is mostly open to the passages, but the one report here of very loud music (it was described as "club volume" or some such) put it on my "scratch that!" list.

14. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a second Luger's out on Long Island. I'm heading to the Javits center for a trade show next month and hope to check out the one in Williamsburg. I heard one of the sure fire ways to get in is during lunch service.

15. WMU

WMU Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was very happy with the Old Homestead at the Borgata in AC FWIW.

16. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The second old homestead opened at the borgata in AC when the hotel opened. The caesars location (which took over neros) is the third location. The one in AC is great and competes directly with bobby flay steak at the same property.

It does have great food and worth trying. They even sell their steak sauce.

17. Gdicke13

Gdicke13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a food credit at CP back in January. So decided on trying a new steakhouse for us. I didn't think old homestead was bad, to us it was just meh. Average. Very slow service. Decent steak and sides, but I won't go again. If I'm paying those prices(even w/o a credit) I much prefer GR steak, CUT or strip house @PH. Next month we are going to try delmonicos at venetian.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.