1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comped CET rooms with hardly any play?!

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Kupkakez, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kupkakez

Kupkakez Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Short background the SO and I are heading out to Vegas June 29th for a few nights and were originally planning on staying at the Mirage. On a whim I logged into my TR rewards account and they wanted to comp me for an entire week at all of their hotels (Cromwell excluded) mostly basic rooms.

The wonky thing is we went last year during Thanksgiving and I maybe played $50 total at a CET property. Most of my play was MLife at Mirage/MGM.

Why on earth did CET want to comp me a week? I've been going to Vegas for a few years since turning 21 and I would not consider myself to be a big gambler at all.

Needless to say I took them up on the offer for a Forum Tower room at Caesars and canned the Mirage reservation but I was just curious if they are getting looser on comped rooms or what? Is this there way of "competing" with MyVegas or something? :thumbsup: If that's the case perhaps I will start giving more play to CET over MLife, thoughts?

2. Kupkakez

Kupkakez Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    EDIT: When I say week I meant work week, weekends excluded.

3. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    becuase thats what cet does. they take care of low to middle gamblers very well.

its been mentioned here tons of time.

mlife wont also mlife wont do more than 3 nites without a host.

i love cet because of the calender i can book as many comps up to a year out as many i want as long as it show on the calender:thumbsup:

no pressure from a host.

just take the comp , if there not happy with your play your offers will go down no biggie

4. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

paper... my man :thumbsup:

He is exactly right.... CET you can get like 5 days... .ive gotten 6-8 with a host..... My play isnt crazy... 100-200 hand average at craps with some VP sprinkled in....

5. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What do they call these offers?

Sniffer offers or something like that?

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i booked my family and friends for the next year comped, its great , i play a little while there in the room but never a problem just check them in and im back at my apartment.

especiacly now with the tourneys i have to take the room so i just give them away to friends.you cant bet it , no host to hold me to 4 hours or anything.

and if a better hotel opens up i just change the reservations its free thru cet and resort fees.

7. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you mean teasers

but cet is a little differnt becuase of the calender but yes teaser

basicaly becuase your using the tr calender and a tr member they know ocupancy rates so they would rather have somebody in the room with a possibilty of getting something than an empty room.

plus if im correct there still getting 30$ a day resort fee. so its a win win. i bet he spends 100$ a day just on crap resort fees food what ever .cet has a formula. so instead of a dead room they will get something.

8. Kupkakez

Kupkakez Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Makes sense. I'm still paying the resort fee, which isn't a big deal to me since the room was free. :haha:

9. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you act quickly, you can probably apply for the Total Rewards credit card before your trip. If approved, you'll instantly be platinum status and save yourself $150 in resort fees.

10. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep Teasers...brain fart :eek2

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes i just set my friend with this deal save 150$

12. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is pretty typical. I'm guessing your 50 bucks lasted awhile so you had decent coin in. Im guessing all your play was the same day so you got a decent ADT.

And based off of those two, weeknights at CET hotels are fairly easy to get comped. Take advantage while you can.

But a quick fyi, you will still have to pay the resort fee.

13. melbedewy

melbedewy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can get a midweek room at Harrah's Reno for $25 a night in October WITH a $20 food credit and no resort fee. They have to keep those rooms filled!

14. Kupkakez

Kupkakez Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

That could be why. I'll definitely be giving all my play to CET this time around. If that was their intention it worked!

When I booked the reservation online it still showed the resort fee, which is okay. I'm not going to squawk over the resort fee when I got 4 nights for free. :D

15. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ran $100 through slots at Planet Hollywood a few trips back and earlier this year, had comp offers for Bally's and below properties. I hadn't done much, if any, other play. It worked, I stayed at Bally's for part of the trip last month and gave them a good amount of play (for me).

16. alana86

alana86 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How does one go about getting a host? I thought you had to be a High Roller somewhat and the hosts pay special attention to those people and set them up? How does it work?

17. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you dont want one , they will find you , what do you play and at what level is question one.

in fact i was at ph last nite like playing 200-600 a hand at bj and a nice guy came and intruduce himself to and said to you have a host, and i said yes thanks im local. he said if you need anything tonight taken care off just let me know ill do it for you.i asked him to just check my average and he did and he said if you go up in play just let them know.

very nice guy.

18. buffalo

buffalo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many times if you're a relatively new TR member, or been dormant for a while, you will get offers better than a running member. They place a premium on attracting new members that show some signs that they might be players. To keep the offers coming, you will need to show evidence that you are a player. Caesars, Paris, and PH will probably not be free in the future, but they rest of CET props will probably stay free for you. Good luck!

19. pinklime

pinklime Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe you now need to be Diamond or 7 Stars to get out of paying resort fees.

20. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nope platnuim or up waves fees

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.