1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

steak

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by rayzor, May 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayzor

rayzor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok been going thru reviews,want to get the best steak do not care a whole lot about atmosphere,wine list,side items etc. just want to go to the place that has the best tasting steak..Not worried about cost.. Fire away thx

2. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might want to use the search function at the top of the page. There are a lot of "best steakhouse" threads.

3. dglen

dglen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always recommend SW at Wynn, we have always had great meals there.

4. rayzor

rayzor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have searched alot of the threads for best steakhouse,but like i said just looking for the best steak some people go crazy about wine list,some people love the different side(just give me a good baked tater or something close) I dont care if its loud or quiet or nice artwork on the wall,I just want to be blown away when i put that first piece of filet in my mouth!!!

5. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PRIME at Bellagio
    I can not even describe what my wife and I were feeling at that first moment. It was crazy!

Yes your going to get outstanding service, fancy french art on the walls, and the best view of the Bellagio fountains ...and you'll be sure to pay the high price of it too ...but you will also experience an amazing mind blowing steak!

6. rayzor

rayzor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    funny i was just looking at Prime!!!

7. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will experience everything you described at Prime except for the food part. Its the most overrated steakhouse in Vegas and even though the food is good its not up to par compared to the very best steakhouses in the city.

My recommendation would be SW, Cut or Carnevino but it really depends on what type of steak you are planning on eating.

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nines, prime, any top place you cant go wrong with

9. rayzor

rayzor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my personal preference is a filet,looking at SW, Cut, Craftsteak also looked at vic and anthonys downtown smith and wollensky and stripsteak..I would love to hear more opinions and if there is any others i should consider??

10. rayzor

rayzor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also looking at Gordan Ramsey steakhouse love his TV shows but reviews are iffy at best from this board??

11. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should first decide if you're looking for a dry or wet aged steak. That will help narrow down the field.

12. Odelay77

Odelay77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    craftsteak

I've always been a steak aficionado and a delicious steak dinner is one of the top highlights of every trip I've ever taken to Vegas. There are lot of options, and it's hard to go REALLY wrong.

That being said, Craftsteak was the BEST meal I've EVER had in my entire life, hands down. Yes, atmosphere, service, wine, sides were all excellent, but that 12oz Wagyu flank steak was absolutely heavenly. I didn't even pick up my knife... it was that tender. I've only eaten there once, so I can't speak specifically about the filet, but I can only imagine it is on par with everything else in that restaurant.

You said you don't care about price, which is cool. Just FYI, wife and I had salad, entrée, dessert and a couple of glasses of wine for about $270 after tip.

Oh, and if you're downtown, Vic & Anthony's is the *second* best steak I've ever had :peace:

13. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're going purely for steak flavor, IMHO it would have to be Craftsteak.

I've had Craftsteak, Prime, SW Steakhouse, Jean Georges....for steak flavor Craftsteak wins.

14. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have said it before...CUT!

15. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

if you know the difference between a filet and a rib steak or bone in ribeye, and have decided you like the filet best, then so be it. if you are not sure, go have one at a nice place in your home town where you have had a filet, and then see what you think.

after deciding on the cut, then you need to look for usda prime, and you need to see that the steak was aged. dry or wet aged, and length of time aged, is probably splitting hairs.

imo, american wagyu, grass fed, natural, blah blah blah is not relevant to your search for a great steak.

i am sure you would love the bone in ribeye at delmonico, and also at N9NE, but prime and aged gets you into the top one percent of the steaks out there.

16. rayzor

rayzor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well since we are staying at NYNY leaning toward Craftsteak and since i have never been downtown may try to do Vic & Anthonys also thanks for the great feedback!!!

17. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorites are: Craftsteak (the best IMO), Cut, SW Steakhouse, Jean Georges and Delmonicos (will be there on the 16th).

Annual Golf Trip
  18. rayzor

rayzor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    seems like there are 4 or 5 that i cant go wrong with:beer:

19. DRich2

DRich2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not a fan of Craftsteak. i find very little difference in the steaks at most of the top steakhouses in Vegas. I live here so I go to at least one a month. I suggest you try a couple while in town and judge for yourself. I would try SW, Prime, and Delmonico.

20. bu$hman

bu$hman Guppie trying to become a whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My 2 cents: Vic & Anthony's (I like my bone-in ribeye medium rare.) Craftsteak, a good steak, but the steak tartare is what I truly enjoyed, there.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.