1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mandalay Mayweather closed circut

Discussion in 'Comps' started by 33hard6, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 33hard6

33hard6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for info,

I have a comp for 2 tickets to the Mayweather fight or 2 comp vip tickets for the closed circuit event at Mandalay.

Before anyone chimes in I have been to plenty comp fights at MGM, they save the best tickets for whales (which I am not) so the seats arent that good.

The reason for this quick trip is to celebrate a friends bday, so I don't care to be anywhere near the MGM on fight night my traveling partner is my wife who could care less about any sporting event but she loves free drinks, so I went ahead and booked the closed circiut event.

Now my question(s)

Can you just roll in and out before and after the fight? or is it packed?
    I was told free food and drinks is this like a SB events?
    Anybody been to one of these VIP events before and can give me the low down

Thanks

2. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been fortunate enough to receive closed circuit comped tickets to watch a fight from a former board poster (VegasBJ). The CC was at MGM, but I doubt they would do things much differently at MB. I believe the seats / tables were marked, so you don't have to worry about getting there early for a good seat. They have drink service (tips required, all drinks comped) and they have buffet tables set up with typical sporting event food (wings, hot dogs, nachos, etc.) where you can make your own plate.

Since these are for VIPs, it isn't packed, you are comfortable and it is a great place to watch the fight if you can't be there in person. I concur staying away from MGM is a good idea for multiple reasons.

Enjoy the fight!

3. dhlamar

dhlamar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What level of gambling is done to get comped fight tickets?
    Any tickets not whale level floor seats?

4. Iceicecool

Iceicecool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just offered 2 comp tickets to the Mayweather fight, and that was the first time that has happened. I believe I was right on the borderline of getting this comp. They start offering these to the highest players, and as time goes on and they still have a lot available, they will start offering them down the food chain. Which is why I just got an email 2 days ago, probably because they didn't have as many takes in the highest levels.

I called the number on my email to ARIA VIP services, and they told me that if I wanted them I had to put in a request and they would get back to me within 2 days. There are 3 possible answers...approved, denied and waitlisted. They returned my call the next day(yesterday) and said I was approved for 2 guaranteed tickets and also approved for 3 nights stay in a city view room.

They will not tell you the seat numbers or location until you pick them up. I think that is so I cannot list them for sale. To give you an idea of my level of play, I play 5-play $1 VP ($25 each "spin") and I also play BJ $200 a hand and if I'm winning I'll go up to $700 a hand. Bankroll each trip is always somewhere between 5K and 10K. I usually only gamble 1-2 hours a day. For as long as I've used hosts, they have always told me I do not play long enough and I need to play longer and I tell them that will never happened and yet I still always get everything taken care of and offers continue to come in.

5. KingBBInLV

KingBBInLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive been to a few of the CC events at MB. Are your tickets just to get in to the event center or are they for the VIP section on the floor?

The VIP section has a bunch of tables with seating and there are food stations and bars set up around the perimeter. Everything is free in that section. Be prepared for the envious looks of the people in the general admission seats above you. You can leave and come back as you wish with the vip tixs. Get there early If you want good seats on the floor.

To the other poster that is getting actual tickets for the fight. If you don't want to actually go to the fight then pick them up on friday and youll 100% be able to sell them on Craigslist for face value or even more depending on where the seats are. Mayweather fights in Vegas always sell out and there are always people looking for tickets to buy on CL.

Usually the minimum face value on comped Mayweather tixs is $300 each and the next level up is $600 each.

6. Iceicecool

Iceicecool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will be my first fight ever and it's something I've wanted to do for a while. I don't have a bucket list but if I did it would be on there. I'm not even into boxing but I want to do it one time.

7. dhlamar

dhlamar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh well i guess i won't be getting any comped tickets no time soon.

8. feeltheheat

feeltheheat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i just went to my first boxing fight (pacquiao vs bradley2) and it was awesome.
    you will enjoy it. i would show up also for the khan fight. i would skip the other undercard fights.
    mgm will be packed!!!
    the weigh in is ok, but in my opinion it's not a must go.
    however, maidana is not the guy who can get mayweather in trouble.

9. 33hard6

33hard6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the replies, yes my CC tickets are VIP. seems like a good time hard to go wrong with free food and drinks.

And yes every time I have been to the actually fight i have rec the offer within 1 week of the fight, I am MGM Plat

I may do my 1st trip report on this trip

10. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have chosen wisely.

Brawl breaks out at MGM Grand following Mayweather vs. Maidana, according to reports

Following the conclusion of the bout between Floyd Mayweather and Marcos Maidana it appears things got wild prior to the the post-fight press conference.

There were tweets from media at the event saying a brawl broke out, fans broke down the barrier to the media room and there were unconfirmed reports of gunfire at the MGM Grand.

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    see what happens when puffy comes to town:nworthy:

12. given2gamble

given2gamble Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love this - I play the same way. F them, play your style, don't put in 4 hours a day just to get comps.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.