1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Zarkana

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by wellmel, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking about getting two Zarkana tickets on MyVegas. Is there a reason their LP price is so low compared to the other Cirque shows? Is it not a good show? I've never been to a cirque show before, so I'm not that picky. What's it like in comparison?

2. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you may be talking about Zumanity....which is 40K less than Ka and Zarkana. I've not seen that one so I can't comment as to if its not as good as the other two. I've seen that it does get good reviews though. I'm sure that someone will be able to tell you their opinion of the show :)

3. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, I mean Zarkana. Is Zumanity cheaper? Oh I see that it is. I'd be interested to hear about that too, but I'm especially interested in Zarkana

4. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Zarkana this past March and thought it was great. Much better than Ka, but a step below Love.

5. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought Zarkana was just okay. It was the most straight-forward "circus" type show of all the Cirque shows I have seen in Vegas. I would definitely rank it behind O, Mystere, or Ka. I particularly liked Ka much more than Zarkana. That said, if you have discounted or free tickets it would be a decent show. O was by far my favorite.

6. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ho Hum

I bought a Zarkana ticket the day of the show using MyVegas LP's. This was a Saturday. Did this about 4 pm for the 7 pm show. They had plenty of seats. What does that tell you? The theatre was about 40% full.

The show is very well performed by spectacularly talented athetes but is very boring and uninspiring. Ka is full of action, O is full of color. Zumanity is full of sex. Love is bizarre but I gew up with Beatles music. I can't remember much of Mystere it was too long ago and I arrived tanked.

Zarkana is pretty much all white costumes. Couldn't figure out the story, even with a $26 drink in my hand. The music was well peformed but it was the only show I didn't want to but afterwards.

We all have our opinions but I rate this a 3 out of 5, ahead of Zumanity.

7. Mario's Backroom

Mario's Backroom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would rank Zarkana behind LOVE and MJ ONE as for the Cirque shows that I have seen. I saw it last November and after it was done, my reaction was more "that was nice" as opposed to any real excitement.

The acts are very good, especially the juggler, but there's no real story, nor was there any emotional investment on my part. I would go again for free, but for someone who has never seen it, never pay full price. Too many other choices available!

Have fun! :beer:

8. NeonAndBeach

NeonAndBeach Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Struggling

Cirque has (in large part) been struggling with ticket sales for a long time. They are constantly running locals deals to help fill seats. This also explains why they are so readily available on MyVegas. It is like the monorail: Not hard to give away something that is going unused in the first place.

If you sit down and divide your MyVegas comps by the amount of hours it takes to get them, you are essentially working for third world wages.

Don't get me wrong: I realize it is something to do while standing in line at the grocery store or when a TV movie you are watching gets boring. And, you can take advantage of auto-spin. For me, it is a huge time sink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.