1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Downtown Grand No Longer Matching Room Comps

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by marksind, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a few months after opening the Downtown Grand was matching room comp offers from other properties (up to 2 nights, still having to pay their resort fee). We did that in February, paying for a couple of nights and using a comp offer from elsewhere to cover the other two. They apparently have stopped doing it. We're going again at the end of May, so I just called and asked and was told no by the reservations woman.

Having spoken with their reservations people a few times over the months I'm often not sure we're communicating clearly, so I explained what I was inquiring about a couple of different ways (she didn't get it at first). She finally said they aren't matching any more.

So, seems to be dead. If anyone has had any luck getting a room comp match from them very recently, please comment. Like I say, their reservations folks don't always seem well informed.

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it just a communication problem and they still have it, just remember that you still have to pat the $11 daily resort fee when using this offer.

If the room is comped through a mailer, or host, then no resort fee.

3. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whether or not its still available, I believe the offer was a one time deal to entice new players. If you've already done it, I think you'll have to depend on future offers or comps from hosts at the Downtown Grand.

4. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One Time

That could well be. Makes sense that they'd only do it for first-timers.

Joe, I know you are the master of the "double book." We may have topped you for our late May trip. Wife and I both have 2 nights, Mon-Thurs. at the DTG, and an offer of 3 nights including a Friday or Saturday at the Plaza. We are going Tues-Sat. May 27th-31st. I booked two nights at the DTG, Tues and Wed, my wife called to book Thursday and ask what Friday would cost. They said $129 for Friday, and you can only book two days, not one. So she booked Wed and Thurs. To cover Friday we've got three nights and the Plaza, Wed-Fri. So, we're triple booked for Wednesday night. Guess we won't have to share a room if we get in a fight!

When are you going next? Maybe we'll see you and your better half at the MSS Boar's Head Bar again.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    June 6th. Meeting Turtleman and his better half for dinner on June 7th.

Couple of things...the only reason I double book is to collect free play, we never actually change hotels or use the other rooms.

I tried to double book a mailer I got at DTG for one night and was told the offer was only valid if I booked two nights. OK, so I booked the two nights, went up and messed up the bed a bit and left. We never went back after using our freeplay.

Housekeeping was probably very happy to walk in the 2nd day and not have to do anything.

They did put a $50 per day hold on my CC, but that was not billed, even though we didn't use the room on day 2. I can't imagine housekeeping calling down and reporting that they didn't have to clean a room.:wink2:

One more thing, if you get a mailer from 4Q, they load the money into your account without having to check in. We discovered that two trips ago.

6. doug2288

doug2288 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This promotion is still good.I got their host email on vpfree site and sent a mail to one host, she replied this promotion is still valid and she'll book two comp nights for me.

7. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If u go through a host, won't there be an expectation for some significant play

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.