1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What to expect Memorial Day Weekend?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Darren14, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren14

Darren14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So this will be my 3rd time to vegas and im bring 3-7 friends (all there first time) with me May 22-27 for memorial day weekend.

My last two trips were exploring vegas and then a gambling trip.

This time i'm going for the party which i haven't done yet.

Do the pre-sale tickets for pool parties and night club mean guaranteed entry? do you still have to wait in line?

I honestly don't know what to expect other than it being a zoo.

Advice and tips would be appericated.

2. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MDW is one of the top 3 weekends in Vegas for partying.

1. Get presale. if you dont, you most likely wont get in. Theres ways but being a first timer, I wouldnt even take the chance.

2. Theres going to be lines in MDW if you get presale. Thats the least of your worries, haha. Some people will be desperate to just even have a presale tix.

3. Find girls to talk to while in line... make friends. Enjoy your time. :)

3. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not a hell of a lot different then a normal summer weekend just alot more day partiers out and about. some good scenery to be had usually along with some not so nice scenery LOL

4. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on what you expect. For pools MDW is the biggest weekend. Rehab, encore, palms, daylight and wet republic are packed. Getting a cabana or lounge at pool party is much cheaper than tables at a club. Entry range from $20-$75 and you can get fatness starting at $500, depending on pool and dj

5. Darren14

Darren14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    is it a separate line than the normal one?

Should we be buying tickets in April?

6. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pre sale is a separate line from General Admission. If the pools have the pre sales available I would buy them now. That weekend usually has the top dj's performing which means serious crowds. Why risk it? Have the piece of mind you know where you are going definitely for 1 of the pool days.

7. jfiello

jfiello Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going same weekend also. I've been before and yea, it can be nuts. Go early as the lines grow as the alcohol flows. Either way, it will be a crazy weekend to start the summer. You can't go wrong.

8. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Presale line is separate line. Imagine that they are only allowing presale people to go in first. And at some point they oversell entrance to people and they have to hold back the presale line. While the presale line is waiting, the general admission wont get to go in either. So get presale and dont rely on general admission.

If you're going for sure, then buy them as soon as they are available. Some have tier pricing too. Depends on the day/night/event/dj. Sometimes its all one price. But if it is tier pricing, get it sooner before it goes up.

9. Darren14

Darren14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got tickets.

Calvin Harris at Wet Republic

Porter Robinson at Marquee Dayclub

Avicii at XS Memorial Day Weekend

what should we expect drink prices to be around?

10. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wet Republic beers between $9-11, mixed drinks $12-16 per. They also do pitchers for the specialty drinks but not sure on the price there.

Personally I drink a max of 4 drinks throughout a day plus some waters at the pool so I budget $100 and I'm good to go with money leftover.

11. Darren14

Darren14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    few more questions.

For the DJ's at pool parties and night clubs. What time do they normally start and end? I'm assuming they aren't preforming the whole time.

I'm going to XS, Wet Republic, and Marquee day club. Will they allow me to hear my hat with team canada logo? or is it no logos whats so ever?

12. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From what I have seen it really varies. I was wearing a white underarmour hat with just logo and one pool said no and 1 was cool. I have learned to wear board shorts, shirt and sunglasses.

Are you setup cause I'm seeing some of the prices are going insane.

13. Darren14

Darren14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah i bought pre-sale tickets awhile ago. Thank god..

14. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well if that is good for you . I have over 600 clients in town and not one presold ticket.

15. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    smart move presale is the way to go if your not doing a bottle

16. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Presale is the best marketing scheme going right now in Vegas clubs. I can understand for people who are totally clueless, but there is enough info in here to know.

17. Darren14

Darren14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah the people im going with for sure would not throw down for bottle service.

Pre-sale tickets just make sense if you know where you wanna go. It gets you in as fast as possible (from my understanding) and if you buy early enough the prices are very reasonable. Like for two pool parties and 1 night club we paid 180 Canadian which we thought was very reasonable for: Avicii, Calvin harris, and porter robertson.

Wish we could go to rehab on Sunday... but even a month and half ago those tickets were at 200 bucks US. As unreal as rehab sounds not worth it.

18. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    rehab not worth it , dont belive the hype , your much better off at other places

19. Brooklyn B

Brooklyn B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with ^ PP. Much better choices now than Rehab. Wet Republic, Wynn Beach just to name a couple.

20. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on what your going for. It's a the biggest pool with most cabanas which means more women. Private pools in back and the upperdeck is a little more private. They have more celebs I think than any other pool. Tao beach is good to, but on the smaller side. EBC, wet republic and Daylight are just so packed that getting drinks takes 30 minutes. Plus rehab is the easist one to acces from parking garage, daylight is easy to, but not if your coming from Mbay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.