1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Variance and streakiness

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by BeeeJay, Apr 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems crazy to me sometimes how streaky gambling can be. I never have a session of blackjack where I win one hand and lose the next and break even in the end, like one might imagine occurring on a 50/50ish game.

Case in point, yesterday I stop by the Rivers with my buddies (after vowing off gambling until May 29th trip). Of course I go down the shitter right from the bat. $1,000 buy-in gone on VP. POS debit another $1,000 and try 3-card---same crap.

Down to $300 and I haven't been there an hour. Buddies with similar luck bail out.

Then I decide to go-for-broke and hit a straight with $100 pairs plus bet to get most of my 3-card losses back and decide to stop by VP again. Sure enough, two sets of Quad Aces in 5 minutes and I'm leaving with $2,800 for an $800 net profit. $2,500 turn around in 15 minutes time.

Man I'm really ready for that session where I win every other hand and break even! :evillaugh

2. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice hits!! And people tell you never chase losses..:clap:
    Were the quads on the same machine ?
    Reason I ask is that me and buddy are trying to test his theory that if a macine is 'hot' it will stay hot for awhile so bump up the denom and see what happens..

3. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yup, exact same machine, maybe 15-20 hands after, funny thing i noticed was the two aces i held and two i drew were opposite on the 2nd hand

4. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That makes me feel better...I'm not the only one who has done a POS Debit when on TILT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.