1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas 6 rewards!?!?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by cjohnson202, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So here is my question...I'm leaving for Vegas on Monday for the 6th time on Monday and it's for a family wedding. My mom is also coming on this trip and it's her first ever time to Vegas. She started playing myvegas about about a year and a half ago and I'm quite confident she's spent a lot of money on chips. Shes close to level 300 and doesn't even have two of the properties built, so yeah, she's definitely spent a lot. My mom, knowing nothing about Vegas and even less about computers, asked me to help her redeem her rewards. This is when I learned she had over a million loyalty points. I assumed she would get 4 rewards but when I looked it said she had 6!!! Now being that she will probably not be back to Vegas for many years, she's insistent about using all 6 rewards, but right now I've limited her to 4 since that's the most I've ever heard of. Has anyone else ever heard of being allowed 6 rewards, and do you think she'd be ok redeeming all 6?

2. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. On myvegas friends I've read others have been able to buy and use 6 rewards. I wouldn't hesitate to use them. :thumbsup:

3. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as they're not all the same rewards, I don't see why she couldn't redeem all six on her trip.

4. illdonk

illdonk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the system is saying that she can redeem six rewards, then go ahead and redeem six rewards; I'm guessing Cirque shows. If you're concerned, leave some low-priority rewards for last.

I'm more curious how so many LPs or levels could be amassed without playing enough to build more than one property.

5. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it says 6, she can definitely do 6. That means she spent a lot and deserves them!

Take a screen shot of the page where it shows her limit is 6 and you'll have no problem.

She will need to be the one to redeem them too.

6. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh I know that, though I was surprised they let me redeem her show tickets over the phone for her. I was booking 4 tickets (2 under my account, 2 under hers) and all they asked for was her mlife and email address

7. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the phone, they don't seem to care who calls since they know it will get confirmed in person at check-in or when the tickets are picked up. I have called to make hotel and show reservations for my husband and they didn't care at all. :)

8. Shipppp09

Shipppp09 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not wanting to sound rude, but do you have any idea how much your mum has spent to receive the 6 rewards? :)

9. redsoxmom5

redsoxmom5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get 6 and have used them all. :peace:

10. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    oh I'm well aware!!! I have told her not to (and she claims she hasn't, but I know better), and told her that spending money defeats the purpose of getting the "free" rewards.

11. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure why you would even try to limit her in the first place. The game does that. I know someone else who told me how much he spent on the game and he gets 6 rewards too. Let her get full value for her money. Pick expensive rewards.

ON the phone they don't care who books it as long as they have the info. In person it is different. I couldn't even pick up both tickets for LOVE. My husband had to get his own and had to show ID.

12. Shipppp09

Shipppp09 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are we talking hundreds of $$$?

13. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    many hundreds.

14. illdonk

illdonk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Am I correct in assuming that it can't possibly be worth it? Or at the very least, pretty much a break-even proposition, factoring in easily obtainable standard discounts to tings like Cirque shows?

15. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on what you get.

We got 4 nights at MB that also covered a weekend. We have 0 in offers anywhere having never been before so rack rate or even a "discount" rate the cheapest i could find for our days was 705 without tax.

All in all with our 2 love premium tickets, 4 nights at MB and 1 at MC the savings was $1070 so for me it was well worth it. That is more than what the person i spoke to spent so if i added 2 more awards i would have made it over 1200.

I also got the popcorn and souvenir cup, saving another $4 (i don't count the popcorn as i would not have bought that normally)

16. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think most people look at the long term of it. It is usually not about getting a 4th reward for 1 trip. It is having a 4th reward over several trips.

17. illdonk

illdonk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was curious more about the cash outlay vs reward value. Though I can see how if somebody makes a lot of trips to Vegas, a cash purchase opening up the account to repeated extra rewards might pay off.

18. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is impossible to make a comparison because it all depends on how many LPs people have available for that 4th reward. If someone has 200K LPs, they can get a reward worth several hundred $. If someone only has 50K LPs, it would limit the value of the 4th reward.

However, those of us who travel several times a year, even getting an additional reward worth $20 for the 4th reward will be beneficial when you can get that 4th reward 3-4 times a year.

19. JulieDee1229

JulieDee1229 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My dh had 6 rewards & I had 5 on our trip to Vegas & we used them all!

20. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you have to make a specific $$ purchase to be eligible for that 4th reward, or is it for any chip purchase amount?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.