1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Weekend plans?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First things first, now that I'm a little late to the game: Let me just say that I hope Holy Week and Passover resonate with those who so believe. It is indeed a time for y'all to rejoice. Everyone should, actually, even nonbelievers. Faith is a cool thing even if it's one a person might not personally hold.

Tonight, we're grilling. Doing one of our fave Bobby Flay pork recipes, but using double-cut bone-in loin rather than tenderloin. Ancho-bourbon and red bell sauces, cilantro oil splash. We're gonna meet at the Friday farmers' market later and get bread and artichokes and salad stuff.

Honey-do morning tomorrow. Terri wants to take another shot at the garage, I want to build another raised bed. I'm saying she wins. Hopefully we get going early so we can get out for some golf, then down to the wine ghetto and then on over to the Spring Arts Festival.

Sunday we're going to ride bikes up in SLO and Avila, get some lunch by the bay, then have dinner at Los Olivos Cafe (the site of the famous "I am not drinking any fuc*ing Merlot"/petulant Miles scene in Sideways).

Cheers to all.

2. NYPoker

NYPoker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While I am not a believer I do find a sense of relaxation on Easter Weekend. Tonight I'm relaxing with some movies. Tomorrow I'm playing a round of golf at a local course and then Sunday I'll be in Vegas for a delicious Easter lunch at Petrossian and dinner at Tender :thumbsup:. Have a great weekend!

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just found out that my Sunday birthday brunch my mom is giving me is going to be hosted at my house, so tomorrow will be spent reassembling my kitchen (my husband finished the renovation while I was on a business trip earlier this week). So, cleaning, garden work if it dries up on Sunday afternoon, and a "party" I'm giving myself:rolleyes2:

4. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A friend and I are going to get a round of golf in tomorrow at a course out of town. I'll get to do my poor mans version of #17 at TPC Sawgrass at #17 at Apple Tree Golf Course.

[​IMG]

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love it!

Have you ever played Desert Canyon??

6. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not played there. The closest I've been to there was golfing at the Wenatchee Country Club for an AJGA junior-am. I don't get out of town much so most of my golf is in and around the SE Washington area.

As for island green, I am now 2 for 3 as I finally hit one in the water this weekend. The pin position was right about where that picture shows and I tried to hit a fade to hold it against the wind and I put it about a yard off of the right side.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.