1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Harrah's room confusion

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Chrissy723, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrissy723

Chrissy723 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone!

Booked a room at Harrahs for the first time because I got a pretty much full comp for the week. Looked at the photo for the Classic room and thought not bad considering the so so reviews it gets. It looks nicer and more modern then I thought! But after booking I clicked on view more images and there are 2 pictures....one of the nice room and one one of a much more out dated room. Are those before and after photos??? Lol. I sure hope so because I would be horrified to get that second photo. Hoping that's not a tactic they use to make you think you are getting a nicer room then the one they show. http://www.harrahslasvegas.com/hotel.html/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2014
  2. dj56

dj56 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at Harrahs last 3 trips and never had anything like that second pic. They've all looked like the first one.

3. GoingBroke777

GoingBroke777 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed Twice, once in the 1st pic and once in the 2nd pic. I think the newer one was in the mardi grais tower? it was deff nicer, had a TV in the bathroom too.

4. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there anyway to assure a Marti Gras tower?

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you check in at Harrah's they have a price list of available room upgrades... I think its only $10 or $15 per night to go with the mini suite, which is a decent little upgrade (bigger room, sofa, sitting area).

6. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at Harrah's for 2 of my 10 nights last August and my room looked better than the 1st one. I was in the Mardi Gras tower (non-smoking tower), premium room.

I had 2 sets of friends in other rooms on different floors in the Carnival tower. Both of their rooms looked like that 1st pic. Both of those rooms were classic rooms.

7. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be a non-smoker. I am 92% sure that the Mardi Gras tower is all non-smoking. My 2 friends had smoking rooms in the Carnival Tower. I had a non smoking room in the Mardi Gras tower.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  8. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Classic queen double stayed in one in 2011 and same as pic. Looked dated when we stated. The premium room in 2012 looks different than the photo. In both cases rooms were clean.

9. Chrissy723

Chrissy723 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh... I am a smoker. Guess it's not looking good for me lol. If it's clean and the bed is comfy it will be fine. In the past I have stayed at mirage and Paris and their rooms were nothing overly impressive for the rate I paid. I rather take the freebie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.