1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dollar Price Drop

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Clarson5, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clarson5

Clarson5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been watching Dollar for a month for a rental from 5/11-5/16. I locked in $258. total a month ago, and it has been higher than that ever since. Yesterday it finally dropped to $171. (standard car) The Total Rewards site doesn't reflect this, but its on Dollar's site. Hoping it goes down some more.

2. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn was hoping to get another steal on price drop from dollar through total rewards again

3. TableToddyy

TableToddyy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it matters, I just booked a midsize for 5days in june for $100 from Thrifty. At McCarran for grand total $164.54 after taxes. Must be BlueChip member. click yellow hot deal icon.
    A week ago was $300. something.

4. Jepockn

Jepockn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did u use a promo code on dollar?

5. annie46

annie46 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked on the Dollar site back on March 22 . 4 days for Intermediate car. Price was $173.37. Rebooked on 4/7 at $129.83. Then on 4/12 it went to $119.32, next day it was $109.59. I was happy with that but checked it yesterday and it was down to $99.92 !!! That was at $14.00 a day . And this is for next Monday ! I did not have a promo code.

I was kicking myself for not booking the Total Reward deal earlier so this makes me feel better.

6. Jepockn

Jepockn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

I've usually rented with budget before at LAS and used the Budget express kiosk. Does Thifty bluechip have a kiosk in the garage or do you still have to go to the counter?

7. TableToddyy

TableToddyy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    straight to kiosk. up one flight. right off eve. & esc.

8. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually find the best deals somewhere between 3 and 6 weeks out. I currently have a car booked thru Budget/Costco, 4 days, $121.00. Not bad but I'll keep checking! :)

9. Clarson5

Clarson5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No Promo code, but I am a Fastlane member.

10. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also just save $60 because of the Thrifty price drop. Had a res with Budget through Costco but their prices haven't dropped as much so I went with Thrifty for now. I still am about 2 weeks out,so I will keep checking.

FYI, for those who do not know on Thrifty's website once you put in dates and location for LV there is a "Hot Deals" link usually under the wild card choice that if you click it gives you the LV discount price. So no code is needed on the first page and you do not have to be a Blue Chip member to get the price.

Dollar works the same way, but they call it "city special".

11. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I banged a mid-size yesterday, for my 4 day trip in May with Thrifty.

$89 all in. Lowest price they have had in months. (It was only for the mid-size)

12. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I decided to check Dollar's site... Scored a mid-size for $84.00!! Only problem is, I hate driving larger cars; I usually get an economy car if I can. But for that price I guess I can manage. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.