1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

THEHotel vs. Aria

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Bennyhanna, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bennyhanna

Bennyhanna Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Solo trip May 9-11. Wanting to stay at mgm to try and play golf at shadow creek. Red eye flight home Sunday so was thinking if hanging at the pool that afternoon. From what I have read so far, it seems like people enjoy Aria rooms better but pools at mandalay better. Does either property offer a better chance at a later check out ?

2. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think there are a lot of variables on the chance of a late checkout.
    It is not one hotel vs. the other.
    1.Is your departure day a big check in day?(do they have a convention moving in)?
    2.Are you a rated player?
    3.Do you have a host?
    4.How late are you requesting? Unless it's a big check in day you can probably get 1pm with a call to the front desk.
    Later than that will need some help from VIP or a host unless you get the right person at the desk.

I usually stay at Aria and always get a late checkout.

3. sabinomarine

sabinomarine Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at both places and the pools at Aria are much nicer. The last time I was at MB, the pool area was filled with hundreds of kids. 1pm check-out will be about the best you will receive. You could also pay the daily spa fee and hang there till your flight.

4. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Neither prop offers a "better chance" at late checkout. If you are a RFL/RFB+ type player with host assistance you can typically check out as late as 6pm from MGM props, otherwise as stated 1pm is about the best you can do.

I agree the Mandalay pools are way overrated. If you are interested in a wave pool, a lazy river, or a million kids, that is your place. Otherwise Aria pool area is far nicer. If you are someone playing golf at SC, there is almost no chance you would prefer the Mandalay pools over Aria. If you are comped at SC, and play up to it on the current trip, you can get a very late checkout anywhere in MGM world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.