1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Helicopter Tour

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Badger31, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badger31

Badger31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I are looking to do a helicopter strip tour. Just curious if anyone has any companies that they recommend and if it's worth the money for a 10-15 minute flight. Thanks.

2. La$Vega$

La$Vega$ Fun until cops show up, then we play Hide n' Seek!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gr8 post,
    I have always wanted to do this and sure to be a thrill of a life time!
    Lets hear from everyone's experience.
    This may be the year
    :licklips:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  3. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many threads on this subject if ya do a search. That said I wouldSTRONGLY recommend Maverick. They may cost a couple of $$$ more.... but there are no gimmicks... No delays ( at least the times I used them) and a professional outfit. I have done them a few times.with Maverick and other companies (1 of which I believe is out of business)..before 9/11 and after. Before it was MUCH better.. but I always liked the tours.

4. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used Elite tours back in April 2012 and the biggest problem was that they fly out of North Las Vegas. This was a bit of a problem with locating this airport, but it was a great flight...maybe even a bit longer of a flight because of the distance to the airport. We have a bucket list item to take a flight to the Grand Canyon and from the reviews we've read we're likely to take Maverick.

5. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't done the Strip flight but I used Maverick to do a flight into the Canyon and they are a very good company and very professional and I would certainly recommend them

6. Badger31

Badger31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked other threads, but I couldn't find anything recent. The North Vegas airport ones seem to be cheaper...plus there are groupons for those...but none offer transportation. Gotta figure an extra $60-70 for a round trip cab ride from the strip.

7. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just put in a search for "helicopter"and there was a thread from last week. I also commented on that one as well.

8. VeddaLasVegas

VeddaLasVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also recommend Maverick. They are great and you can purchase a DVD of your flight.

9. La$Vega$

La$Vega$ Fun until cops show up, then we play Hide n' Seek!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been here a week or so and realize there is a search box...
    Perhaps I should read the instructions...naw, I'm a guy

10. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i bought an online deal for 702 Helicopters in north LV last fall. decent service and liked by all who have reviewed it here, but they will remind you, repeatedly, how much they appreciate tips. kind of a buzzkill.

11. Bigbadbaz

Bigbadbaz Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im coming to Vegas next Wednesday and like the idea of a helicopter trip. My question is the weight of the individual person for flights, there seems to be a max of 280lbs then an extra payment if over the weight.

How keen are the operators on this, 1st thing in a morning after a pee and naked on scales I am 280lb. By the time I arrive in Vegas having 'expanded' on the plane and eaten for a couple of days and then put clothes on (don't want to scare the locals) I will be a few lb more. at $500 plus or so its expensive but its a one off. Paying much more is maybe not such a good deal.

Hope you can help me

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.