1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo Comped Room Upgrade?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by guapoxxx, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is my first time staying at Cosmo. I'm comped 2 weekday nights (13 and 14 May) in their basic room... Believe it's a City Room.

Question: What upgrades do you think they'll offer and how much will they be? Understand that everything's based on availability but would like the board to chime in and state what rates are reasonable per room/suite given that I have a comped basic room already.

Reason I'm asking is because I'm hearing lots of good things about their suites with fountain views and I wouldn't mind paying for one if I got a decent (and fair) upgrade offer when I check in.

Thanks!

Annual Golf Trip
  2. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just give them a call to see what room they got you in. Other basic rooms are Terrace Studio and the Terrace 1 Bedroom and i would rather stay in one of those since they have a balcony. They might even give you a complimentary fountain view since you are on a comp, otherwise they are usually 30 extra a night but well worth it for the best view in Vegas.

If you are looking for a suite i would go for the Terrace Suite and they all have amazing views overlooking the fountains. The Wraparound is also very nice with a balcony facing 2 directions but make sure you get one with a fountain view otherwise you are better of in the Terrace Suite.

3. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bommen,

I appreciate all the good info!

Will call Cosmo and find out what room I'm reserved in but I think it's a City Room with 2 Queen Beds. Will see what they can do for me over the phone so that I can get a room with a fountain view and balcony.

If not, I'll try again when I physically check in.

Thanks!

Annual Golf Trip
  4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both times I've booked comp rooms at Cosmo it's been for terrace studio. Though last time I had it "upgraded" to Terrace 1 bedroom as I had a few nights for which I paid and they were able to combine the reservation and make it all terrace 1 bedroom. I'm booked for 5 nights next month in a terrace studio which is what was offered to me when I called about the "stay on us" promo email.

5. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the first time I've heard of Cosmo comping only a Cityview room....all my comps have been minimum terrace studio. Did you specifically reserve two queen beds? Cosmo has a limited number of terrace studios with two queen beds so is that why? An upgrade would be terrace studio, a better upgrade would be terrace studio fountainview. I don't like the one bedroom as much as the studio layout. My favourite room has been the fountainview wraparound terrace suite.

6. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a comped terrace studio and I asked for a view and they upgraded me to a terrace suite that had a balcony on the strip. It was a very nice room. They said the fountain rooms were all taken.

My buddy who checked in way earlier than I did, asked for the same thing and he was given a similar room but on a much higher floor. They also offered to give him the fountain view for $30 more a night.

7. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My comp offer was through the "Stay On Us" promo too and I did request 2 beds... Will call them and find out about a Terrace Studio or Suite w/ fountainview. I'm hearing so many good things about those rooms and wouldn't mind paying an up charge if my original basic room is comped.

Annual Golf Trip
  8. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This post doesn't make much sense unless you are mixing up what type of room you were staying in. All the terrace suites are located in the west tower and comes with a fountain view, non of them are facing any other direction.

9. anfurney83

anfurney83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I stayed two night comped in April, they actually wouldn't let me upgrade over the phone, they told me I had to chance it on check in (I was booked in a studio terrace). I was offered a free upgrade to a 1 bed terrace non Strip view, $40 for a 1 bed terrace with strip view, or $100 for a wraparound terrace with strip view.

10. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are terrace suites in both towers....I've stayed in them in both.

11. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just called and this is exactly what they told me. I'm booked in a lowly City Room with 2 Queen beds so I'm thinking my upgrade offers will cost a little more but will definitely consider getting fountain views for either the Terrace Studio or Terrace Suite rooms. Might even consider the Wraparound Terrace if it's reasonable... It's Vegas, right? :beer:

Annual Golf Trip
  12. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyone should stay in a wraparound terrace suite fountainview at least once!

13. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which was your favorite tower?

Annual Golf Trip
  14. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're absolutely right and I'm going to try!

Annual Golf Trip
  15. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well you have not stayed in a Terrace Suite then. There is a total of 177 Terrace Suites and they are all located in the west tower facing the fountains. Maybe you are confusing it to there regular terrace rooms?

16. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were comped (the email offer) for 2 nights last November in a City Room. If I remember correctly, the upgrade options they gave us included $200/nt. for a two-bedroom suite they said typically goes for $1,000/nt., $60/nt. for a terrace room with a fountain view or $30/nt. for a terrace, non-fountain view. I was most concerned with any type of fountain view, and they were able to get us a City Room with a fountain view for no additional charge. This was at check-in around 10:00 pm on a Tuesday night.

17. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks M_ILIS! If those figures are the same when I check in this May, I'll probably go for the $60/night Terrace room with the fountain view. Like you I'm concerned with view but I'm looking for a room with a balcony also.

Annual Golf Trip
  18. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the non balcony City Rooms are the only rooms at Cosmo which have 2 beds if that is a factor.

Otherwise, yes, all the Terrace Suites are fountain facing in the same tower.

IMO the terrace studio is nicer than the terrace 1BR which they tell you is an upgrade.

If you can get an upgrade from a city room to a wraparound terrace suite for less than $100, that is a great deal. It probably wont be full frontal fountain facing if it is an upgrade, though, which wouldn't put me off. However, the TERRACE SUITE is guaranteed the very best possible view angle but considered a step below the wraparound since it is smaller.

19. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks dankyone... 2 beds are no longer a factor-- balcony and fountain view is :thumbsup:

So will pursue the wraparound terrace suite if it's $100 or less per night.

Annual Golf Trip
  20. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can get a Terrace Studio with two queen beds. The couches in the Terrace 1 Bedroom used to pullout but I didn't check this past time. I assume they still do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.