1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Guy Fieri's at The Quad

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by MrGVegas, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrGVegas

MrGVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know when this place is due to open?

2. Jepockn

Jepockn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. Dark_Mark

Dark_Mark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    a friend of mine who works for CET is having dinner with her family there tomorrow, the 15th, looking forward to hearing about it!

5. ohmom

ohmom Low-Roller

would love to hear reviews, we are planning on going in May. TIA

6. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife wants to check it out over memorial weekend

7. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Headed to the mecca tomorrow and will be eating at Guys during the trip! Will share my thoughts!!

8. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All those new places like Guy's, can we use our TR?

9. dglen

dglen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heading down tomorrow too, will try to check it out.

10. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:

:beer: Great!:beer:

11. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A friend of mine went to the Yelp Elite opening event and he said it was great.

12. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We walked by it Thursday at dinner time on our way to Hash House a Go Go.....seen Guy Fieri there decked out in his fake hair and his stupid backward sunglasses.....there was a VERY long line of people waiting to get in there.......I was sooooo glad to see that line as I knew the Hash House wouldn't be crowded as I couldn't wait to try their chicken and waffles...which were excellent BTW......the long line was still there when we left.

BTW we tried one of Fieri's TV restaurants a couple years ago and found it HORRIBLY fake, just like him. I would never go to another one of his TV restaurants or his own restaurant...but to each his own. I'll give his place at the Quad about 3 years before they close the doors.

13. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walked by Guy Fieri's place yesterday and it was packed.

To me, Guy Fieri is the most annoying person on television and shows how bad Food Network has become. I really hate the guy, but I guess I'm happy for him that he's found success here in Vegas. He and his staff were definitely smart to associate with The Quad.

I love trying new places, but this is one place I'll never try. I know I wouldn't be able to fairly judge the food and there's no way I'd allow myself to like anything with his name on it (or with his cheesy catch-phrases). So please follow up with some good reviews so I can hear if it's actually good from those who are willing to go!

And if someone sees him there, please slap those sunglasses off the back of his head and then take a razor to his hair. Send me proof and I'll buy you a beer.

14. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you judge the food on his looks?:faint:

15. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    God NO...........he would of gotten a minus instead of a zero that he is........you do realize he is a FAKE.....meaning he's NOT a chef that deserves respect for his accomplishments/education in the culinary world. I have eaten at one of his restaurants that was showcased on TV....HORRIBLE and pricey....and because it was in our neighborhood area I ask many others that tried it....same results.........NOT Good.......

Have you EVER heard him say "this food is not good or it's not quite the way it should be or it should be done this way".....never ! ! !

Until you really try some of these places first hand you really don't know.........We did and we wouldn't in the future.

Again...........3 years and less and his place at the QUAD will no longer be.....

16. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    haha, no, I can't judge his food because my judgment would be clouded by the mental image of his douchy TV character complete with the crazy hair and the sunglasses on the back of his head. He just personifies all the problems with Food Network and why long-time viewers of their network have left in droves. :D

I do think he will do well at The Quad since the clientele in that area would actually fit the demographic that he, and Food Network of now, attracts.

He's a very polarizing person with absolutely no credibility to be opening a restaurant at all. He just happened to win a terrible reality show and was so over-the-top ridiculous that the idiots running Food Network found him fit to be made into a Food Network star. So yes, he's a TV celebrity, but on a money-hungry network that lost all credibility years ago and is now producing nothing but cheap reality competition shows.

17. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find him funny and entertaining... I enjoy his shows. I probably don't have the level of insight into him that some seem to have gone to great lengths to gather however.

18. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No credibility to be opening a restaurant at all you say? I'd say he has more credibility to be opening one then you do by your judging.:nono:

19. tex55

tex55 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I will be in the minority here - I enjoy his television show. It introduces me to non-chain restaurants that I otherwise would not have tried. Now, as to my experience with the restaurants on his shows - mixed.

Looking at the Yelp reviews, it sounds like it is a typical Strip restaurant - good food, but you will pay a premium for it. Since I am now retired, I will probably try it once, but then go back to the sandwich shops and buffets.

20. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is from Guy Frieri's wikipedia page:

Fieri began his association with food in grade school in Ferndale, California by selling pretzels from his "Awesome Pretzel" cart and washing dishes to finance his trip to France to study cuisine. On his return to the United States, he worked at the restaurant at the Red Lion Inn in Eureka, California until going to Las Vegas for college, before managing and owning restaurants.[6] Fieri attended the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management in 1990. After graduation, he went to work for Stouffer's, developing restaurant concepts in Southern California and managing their flagship restaurant in Long Beach, California. After three years in southern California, he became District Manager of Louise's Trattoria, managing six locations along with recruiting and training for the restaurants.

In the fall of 1996, Fieri and business partner Steve Gruber opened Johnny Garlic's, a California Pasta Grill in Santa Rosa, California. A second location opened in Windsor in 1999, a third in Petaluma in 2000 or 2001 (since closed), and a fourth in Roseville in late 2008. Subsequently they developed Tex Wasabi's (barbecue and sushi) in 2003 in Santa Rosa, adding a second location in Sacramento's Arden-Arcade area in 2007. An additional Johnny Garlic's was opened in Dublin, California, in 2011. His first New York City restaurant, Guy's American Kitchen and Bar, opened to a scathing New York Times review in 2012.

I think Frieri is incredibly annoying and ridiculous looking. However, he sure seems to have a pedigree of owning, operating, and managing restaurants. For those saying that he has no business opening a restaurant, I think the evidence above speaks to the contrary.

That being said, I have never ate at one of his restaurants. I am interesting to see the feedback/reviews from his new venture at the Quad.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.