1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First time Vegas "Must See" ??

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by dloberg, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dloberg

dloberg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I will be in Vegas April 21-24th.
    This will be our first time and I'm not telling my wife until the night before.
    Because she doesn't know we are going I have to do most of the planning :vomit:
    I want to possibly do a comedian (Vinnie Favorito)
    and one Cirque du Soleil ("O")

I would appreciate your imput.
    Cheers

2. NYPoker

NYPoker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For cirque, I recommend to everyone I know going to Vegas for the first time to go see Love. My gf and I were extremely impressed. Dunno about comedy though.

3. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good idea going to one Cirque show.

Comedy is really dependent on your tastes.

Small tip: Don't over plan. Vegas is best when you follow your instincts.

Have fun!

4. dloberg

dloberg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like that idea, We have 5 girls and a super busy life so as you can imagine EVERYTHING is planned. :drunk:

5. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm simply not too sure that she will be overly impressed that you are going to "DO" a comedian while you are in Vegas!

6. dloberg

dloberg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :nono:
    Hey "What happens in Vegas" LOL

7. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw Vinnie Favorito a few trips ago, his show is awesome, the wife and I were pissing our pants laughing the entire time!

Some other Favorites are Absinthe, Rose Rabbit Lie, but like someone else mentioned, don't overplan...two shows is PLENTY!!!

Some of the VERY obvious, must sees are the Bellagio Fountains and Fremont Street, also Lunch at Mon Ami Gabi, Drinks on the Cabo Wobo Patio (both for people watching), and a drink at either the Bond or the Chandelier Bars at Cosmo!!

You guys are gonna have a blast....Enjoy!

8. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are going to see comedy, watch a you-tube video preview on the show - comedy is such a personal like or dislike.

O by Cirque was great.

9. vokalml

vokalml Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wasent impressed with o. I actually
    Like Zumanity and ka better. Going to see love in May

10. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vinnie is hilarious and everyone I know has loved it. Absinthe is also fantastic. :nworthy:

11. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For 1st time visitors the Bellagio fountains at night are a must see.

Unless really big Beatles fans, I'd pick Mystere or KA for a 1st time Cirque. They both have a really big WOW factor and contain something you may have never seen before. O and Love are both cool but not quite the WOW factor.

12. missstategal

missstategal Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kudo's to you for planning this as a surprise for the "wifey"....My Hubs had pulled this trip for other weekend destinations and I LOVE IT when he does all the planning, coordinating :)

13. dloberg

dloberg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you to everyone for the replies. I greatly appreciate it. So looking forward to it.

14. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shows are sooooooooo subjective. For every show in Vegas you'll find a group here that loves it and another group that hates it. You'll have to use your "gut" based on what your wife may like (only you will know that).

Personally I really enjoyed Absinthe, my favorite show by far. Jersey Boys was great if you like that type of show. Mac King puts on a fun afternoon show at a great price ($15 including a drink, get those tix at the Total Rewards booth at Harrahs, you don't have to have a TR card). Nathan Burton is another fun afternoon show (half price tix on Groupon).

15. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a completely different take on shows. I kinda go for more traditional stuff like headliners and magicians and not the production stuff. I used to suggest everyone see an impersonator show like Legends in Concert but it doesn't sound like that one is holding up as well and nothing is filling it's void. Human Nature is really good, I can second Mac King and Million Dollar Quartet is on my radar. For something completely different and more trendy, Jabbawockeez is really good.

16. dloberg

dloberg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys. You don't make easy, but do give me many choices.

17. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hated Love, mostly because I had seen Mystere and Zarkana before it and was expecting another exciting cirque show. Instead I got a lot of dancing and not a lot of "cirque". If it's your first cirque show, I'd recommend Mystere, Zarkana and Ka before Love, as they're all better IMO. Mystere is probably the best all around show while Zarkana probably has the coolest individual tricks with a WOW factor (the lady that made pictures with coloured sand blew me away)

18. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would suggest Terry Fator at the Mirage for your "comedy" pick and Le Reve at the Wynn for your "Cirque du Soleil" pick. I will admit that I haven't seen Fator's show for a couple years now, but I enjoyed it at the time, since there was a decent mix of comedy, singing, and brilliant ventriloquism.

19. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will get as many differing opinions as people you ask on Cirque shows. I enjoyed them all except Zumanity, maybe because of seat location (in balcony and really see much of the first 10 minutes). I haven,t seen it mentioned so be aware: My DW and I loved Favorito BUT, be prepared to hear some rough language and to perhaps become part of the show as he rags on the audience. If that doesn't bother you, you will cry with laughter like we did. Have a great time!

20. brdd

brdd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I will be there the same days. We have been going to Las Vegas since the 70s. We'll look for you!:wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.