1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas What is considered a "Holiday Menu" for Buffet

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Icedgenes, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icedgenes

Icedgenes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was looking at the Bellagio dinner buffet but realized we were planning to try it Memorial Day (May 26). The Bellagio site lists Memorial Day as having "Holiday Pricing". The reward states not usable for "Holiday Menus". Shall I assume they are the same?

2. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

Holiday Pricing means they are anticipating large crowds which they can increase the price. Rewards aren't eligible to be used. You are correct that Holiday Pricing and Holiday Menus are referring to the same thing.

3. Icedgenes

Icedgenes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Scott, changing to Thursday :nworthy:

4. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least they DO roll out the good stuff for the jacked up price... Beef Wellington, Lamb, King Crab etc..

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience is that most buffets throw in something like Cook's champagne and boost the price.

6. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember last Fourth of July weekend there was a "Special Holiday Buffet" menu that lasted from that Thursday to Monday I believe. They did not accept the MyVegas vouchers while that buffet was going on.

7. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depending on the holiday, they do sometimes draw it out for 4-5 days around the weekend. Like they are calling May 2-5 holiday pricing, as if Cinco de Mayo is getting a huge draw to the Bellagio buffet. We all know it is really because of fight weekend and the Kentucky Derby...

Here is a list of the Bellagio dates included in the holiday pricing:
    https://www.bellagio.com/restaurants/the-buffet.aspx

8. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This past December 20, Aria tried to not honor my myvegas buffet claiming they it was a "holiday brunch". We had used my wife's the day before. The T & C's from the myvegas printout only said it was not valid on 12/24 and 12/25. I had the printed out and with me. After a long go around with the buffet manager (who was quite rude), he finally relented and let us use the reward. THE BUFFET WAS EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE PREVIOUS DAY - the only change was the price.

9. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand why they were refusing to let you use the voucher, because it says clearly on the MyVegas Aria Buffet reward that it is only valid Mon to Thurs (that has nothing to do with the blackout dates). December 20th was a Friday, and the Friday buffet is always higher priced (I was comped to the Aria Friday night buffet last year and there were other selections not available any other night like a one time "surf and turf" special of steak and lobster tail that you had to show a ticket to receive.

Still, the manager should never have been rude to you under any circumstances. It is the fault of the Aria's MLife desk, because it was their responsibility to tell you that the Aria buffet could not be used that night when you went to redeem (last year the Bellagio MLife desk warned me about the holiday pricing and told me not to redeem it at that time).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
  10. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

This was for a Breakfast/Lunch buffet which has T&C's that clearly state Monday - FRIDAY (not Thursday). I clearly stated that in my replay that they were trying to say they were calling it a holiday "BRUNCH" which would indicate that this was the Breakfast/Lunch reward, not the dinner one. The date (and day of the week) were clearly within the T&C's. The rewards printout had specific blackout dates of which my date was not one of them.

My entire point was to answer the OP's question of what is considered a "holiday menu". The "holiday menu" in this case was identical to the "normal" one the day before in all aspects except price.

11. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've done a few holiday menus and sometimes there is something extra, something there isn't... either way they charge $10-20 more :)

12. yoyoseven

yoyoseven Grizzled Vereran

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I redeemed the Bellagio lunch buffet reward last October. As it turned out, it was Columbus Day (which isn't even recognized as a holiday in Nevada). No one mentioned to me at the MLife desk that holiday pricing was in effect.

When I used the voucher at the buffet, I had to pay the difference between regular and holiday pricing. I wasn't too happy about it, but I was there, it was the last day of my trip, so I ponied up the difference (I don't recall how much of a difference it was, but it was significant).

I believe the only difference was that they offered a few extra items (like king crab legs) that they don't normally offer at lunch.

It was the first time I'd tried the Bellagio buffet. I wasn't impressed. I'll take the Bacchanal at Ceasars over the Bellagio buffet any day.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.