1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

For you animal lovers

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jerseyguy2, Apr 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last week a lady near me reported her "domesticated' bobcat was loose. This started a huge "cathunt" by police and Fish and Game Officers. "Rocky" was captured and confiscated because it's illegal to own a bobcat in NJ. She's heartbroken because he's declawed and just a big 'housecat.She got him from a breeder in MT. and claims he's a hybrid which is legal Breeder says they dont breed hybrids. Now their doing DNA tests to determine this. My question is why not get a regular cat? And doesnt this breeder know that they're illegal to own here? I really feel sorry for the animal, after being a house pet I hope he ends up in a nice situation.

2. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. I'm a huge animal lover but I firmly believe wild animals should be left in thier wild habitat and only domesticated animals should be pets. That includes all these aquariums, zoos, circuses and water shows....what a crappy life for an animal to live in a cage or a swimming pool just so us humans can be entertained.:thumbsdown:

If people want entertainment....carry your ass to Vegas!:evillaugh

3. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

first, i called bullshit. there cannot actually be someone who breeds and sells bobcats.

googled bobcat breeders in montana, found bitterroot bobcat and lynx, looks like there are others.

second on their FAQ page...are bobcats legal where i live? answer...ask your state authorities, many laws regulating ownership of these animals are vague or nonexistent.

gotta blame the owner on this one, though i think to be in the breeding business or an owner, you must have to have a couple or more loose screws.

the "hybrid" part...with what?! seeing a couple of barncats in the act is to watch something very violent, cannot imagine the domestic cat, male or female, surviving an interlude with a bobcat. maybe artificial insemination?

be right back, think i have a reality show i gotta pitch.

4. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love all animals except for snakes and bugs. They suck.

But wild animals should stay in the wild. I don't think these hybrid animals are any kind of good idea. You end up with a very confused animal and often times a pet owner who is in way over their head. It's always a sad situation when the animal gets seized because this animal can't stay in a suburban home situation and they sure as hell can't go out in the wild. They end up being destroyed or being shipped to some rescue type situation that may or may not be any better than their original home.

5. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just read this stuff in my local paper

Some of this stuff may or not be true ,but I do get some laughs from a lot of the locals antics like the guy yesterday who tried to eat the crack he had concealed in his underware when arrested. The bobcat lady claims its a cross between a Maine coon cat and a bobcat,if it turns out to be a pure bobcat she can apply to Fish and Game for a special permit to own it. I personally would rather take my chances with Rocky the bobcat than run into somebodys large python that got loose.

6. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with you. I'd rather run into this Bobcat than anybody's idea of a pet snake. Those things should be outlawed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.