1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golden Nugget room upgrade with Landry's Select Club membership

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by DonnyC, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,

I am booked at the Golden Nugget for Monday July 21 (1 night) for a Rush Tower Room.

I see that Landry's Member's receive: 'When Landry's Select Members book directly with the Golden Nugget they receive a complimentary room upgrade upon check-in! Upgrade is based on availability, and is not available during holiday periods. Blackout dates may apply. Upgrade will be given at time of check-in and may not be reserved in advance.'

As I look at the booking page I see that the room that is next expensive to the Rush Tower room is the GOLD CLUB LUXURY. And then the next expensive after that is the RUSH JR CORNER SUITE

So what will the upgrade get me? The next expensive room - which is in a different tower, the Gold Club OR the RUSH JR CORNER SUITE?

I tend to think the RUSH JR CORNER SUITE would be nicer then the Gold Club room.

Also, what's the difference between a Rush Tower room and a RUSH JR CORNER SUITE? As I look on YouTube the videos labeled 'RUSH JR CORNER SUITE' seem to look like the Rush Tower rooms we that typically get.
    Thanks

2. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would imagine they would give you a 'Rush Tower Club' room, or possibly the 'Jr Suite'.

You're right that it's hardly a step up to be placed in a one of the Gold rooms though.

3. wisconsin terp

wisconsin terp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have always given me a little bit nicer room in the Rush Tower. Usually jr corner suite and have never offered to move me to Gold tower.

4. iluv2fish

iluv2fish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I both have Landry's cards and also are booked in July, but we have a Rush Gold Club room reserved. I am hoping to be upgraded to a Jr. Suite. Last time we tried, we were told no upgrades were available since we were staying for a week. We'll see what happens....

5. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I normally stay for around 2 weeks, so often have the same problem :(

6. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's the difference between those 2 rooms?

Better question...can you compare those 2 rooms and the standard Rush Tower room

7. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no idea if the 'Rush Club' are the same, but the 'Gold Club' rooms came with free internet and bottled water.

Also, there were candies and stuff outside the elevators, and you needed a key to access the floor.

The JR suites in the Rush Tower are just bigger, and have a lounge area with its own television.

8. admmr

admmr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found out about a Landry's card after we booked. So we got one, then I called GN and asked about the upgrade and found out this:
    1) you must book with a special Landry's Card link for the special that might get you an upgrade.
    2) It's not a guaranteed upgrade, only if they have one available.

So our original booking was way cheaper than the current price for the room when I called. So we kept the original booking and didn't switch for a maybe upgrade and a higher price. Still glad we got the card, looking forward to collecting the points at the restaurants and using the $25 discount.

9. iluv2fish

iluv2fish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Rush Gold Club room is the same as the Gold Club room in the Gold Tower -comes with free in-room coffee and water, internet access, and, use of the fitness facilities. Also has key only access to that floor and VIP check-in. For us, we'd be paying for 2 people to use the fitness center for probably 5 days. That would be $20 per day per person! I'd rather take the money, get the nicer room, and workout when we want. I would be happy to have the upgrade to the Jr. Suite, which I think is larger, if it still comes with all the same things. If not, I'll be happy with the room we reserved. But it's worth a try

10. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just show your card at check-in, ask about an upgrade, be nice, and hope for the best. We've found no consistency in how they treat the Landry's upgrade.

Technically you have to book directly with them at a non-discounted rate, and even then the upgrade is only "if available." We've been denied doing at that way, yet given an upgrade when showing our Landry's card having booked through a third-party site. It seems to depend more on who is helping you at the front desk than on the rule book.

The one thing that has never worked is the VIP check-in feature. Supposedly you get that with the Landry's card. They've never let us do it. No biggie since the regular check-in is adjacent.

11. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How does one acquire a Gold Card and where? Do you have to apply or is it simply a matter of signing up like getting a players card?

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  12. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Landry's select card is something you can sign up in the Landrys website. It will cost $25, but they they will put $25 in food credit on the card - essentially making it free.

I have used it three times for upgrades. All three times I had a Carson room booked. Twice I was upgraded to a Rush room, once to a Gold tower room. All three trips were either part of an airline package (package was less expensive than the plant tickets alone) or a GN e-mail offer.

The rush corner suites are larger rooms than the standard rush rooms. If you look at the view submitted photos on Tripadvisor, you can see the differences.

13. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been lucky enough to get an upgrade with my card, but I'm usually staying for 2-3 weeks, so it's not too surprising :evillaugh

14. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a Landry's card and didn't get upgraded. We were staying only 3 nights midweek in August and they still wouldn't do it. They said we had to book directly through them at normal rates, otherwise upgrades were almost impossible.

15. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Nugget has always been notorious for being tough with upgrades, whether with a $20 bill or the Landry's card. I have stayed twice before with Carson room's booked and each and every time whether it was early or late somehow manage to have trouble finding a non smoking room to my preference. The first time it was too hard to find a non-smoking two doubles, the next time he finally found one non-smoking king at the farthest corner of the hotel.

Needless to say this time I am booked in the Rush to avoid the whole run around.

16. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last two times we've checked in at the Rush desk, we were able to skip the regular check in line by showing our Landry's card and asking politely to check in at the VIP desk. We always book a discount deal and as a result we've been turned down when asking about upgrades. That's cool though -- our Rush rooms this trip cost us $52/night or something insane like that.

17. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did you get the Rush SO CHEAP!!?

18. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked their Cyber Monday deal. Cheapest rates we've seen there in YEARS. Normally I'm happy if I can get a Rush room for under $80. We weren't really planning more than a couple of long weekends in Vegas this year, but it seemed almost a crime not to take advantage of the special.

19. Disney Fan

Disney Fan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GN upgrades using Landry's card

Anyone recently have any luck using the Landry's card for upgrades on rooms at the Golden Nuggett ??

20. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.