1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dress code for Cut or similar

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by IowaRyan, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IowaRyan

IowaRyan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dockers and golf shirt passable wear for Cut, Craftsteak, Gordon Ramsey or the like?

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw people wearing tshirts and cargo shorts a few years ago. Prime at The Bellagio was certainly a step up.

3. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, absolutely fine. You can get by with nice jeans almost anywhere in Vegas.

4. ICallHimGamblor

ICallHimGamblor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always wear jeans and a collared shirt at Cut, but one time my friend joined me wearing shorts. He was fine. You will be fine too.

5. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Good to know because my buddy is the same way. Shorts and sandals the entire time in Vegas.

6. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was a dude wearing a hoodie last time I was at Carnevino. :rolleyes2:

You’ll be fine. My usual is khakis/casual slacks/nice jeans and a collared button up. Every now and then I’ll throw on a jacket. At the nice places you’ll still get some folks dressed up. But you’ll see just as many in jeans and a polo, or something like that.

7. IowaRyan

IowaRyan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the replies.

8. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's too bad the finer restaurants don't have a stricter dress code. Maybe dress pants, SHOES and a jacket would be a nice change. And of course NO hats to be worn at the table.

I still remember Tony Soprano telling the guy to take off his baseball hat in a fine restaurant. The man refused at first, then Tony whispered something to him and off came the hat. On returning to his table the waiter thanked Tony for his "suggestion" to the man.

9. dglen

dglen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, the nicer restaurants should be No Shorts, No T-Shirts and NO Hats!

10. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll be fine. I always wear jeans and a button up untucked with some nice shoes, never had any problems anywhere.

11. Nebraska

Nebraska Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm torn on this, because while I like to get dressed up for a nice meal (suit/tie, blazer, etc)...I know that a lot of people go to Vegas to relax and get away from that routine if that's what their 8-5 entails every day. Plus, it's harder to pack that stuff for a weekend trip.

That said, I don't really think it's too much to ask to put on AT WORST a decent pair of jeans and a collared shirt at a place that warrants it with exceptional food and service. Some places command a bit of respect beyond just your dollars, if you ask me.

12. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol that's a good scene.
    [YOUTUBE]3RuILIXksqk[/YOUTUBE]

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.