1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Some insight into earning Tier Credit Bonuses!

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Jordan, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just back from Vegas and was surprised to see 5k less tier credits than expected on my Total Rewards account so I called my host to see what was on the go.

I thought on a particular day I earned slightly over 5k tier credits, which would give me a 10k Tier Credit bonus. Caesars gaming days are 6:00am to 6:00am (at least at Planet Hollywood in Vegas).

My first gaming session during this particular day I earned 4487 Tier credits, then I started my 2nd session at around 5:15am (I looked at my credits and saw that I only needed 513 TC's so decided to play until I reached that goal.
    At 5:45-5:50 I cracked the 5k for the day by accumulating over 600 additional TC's.

I was up a little bit so I continued to play, and pulled my card out of the machine around 6:15am or so after earning over 950 TCs for that session in total.

Well guess what? The day that your earned Tier Credits count towards is solely based on the time you pull your card out of the machine (not actual time earned, which was what I thought)!!!!!

There went my 10k bonus (and I only received a 5k bonus for that day) on the trip putting me at 78,500 TC total, just shy of the Diamond 2 Aspirations ($750 airfare credit, limo etc)...UGH!!!

I'm rotted to say the least, so I thought that I would pass on this valuable information to the group! Remember folks, it's CARD OUT that determines what day your credits are applied to!!!

Cheers!

2. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. What I have done is taken out my card and then I put it in a new machine - just to see it say I earned 5,002 points (or whatever). It's a good double check as you get close to the deadline.

It's too bad you only had 950 on that second day. Getting 1,000 would of gotten you another 1,000. Did you have your Diamond 1 trip yet? I just had mine.

3. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Were you playing in the Planet Hollywood high limit area? I did not good there a couple months ago. $5 and $25 VP just was not working for me.

The 3 P trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
    The 3 P Trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
  4. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks GChrome. I would have never have thought of it being based on time out.

At times, it gets to be a chore tracking these points.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Considering my own checking of my tier score during a session, I am not surprised that pulling out is needed to register the points. But the fact you called up should have led to a 5000 TC adjustment, imo. But god forbid CET ever doing the right thing.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never thought about that, but it does make a little sense. Posting each spin to your account as it happens just adds more computer work.

I play long hours, but never in the 5am timeframe. I have watched my card in getting those bonus numbers and actually do pull it out and put back in to confirm I made the 5k.

Interesting.

7. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure was....ugh....that 5 day trip hurt my wallet!!!

8. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. What I have done is taken out my card and then I put it in a new machine - just to see it say I earned 5,002 points (or whatever). It's a good double check as you get close to the deadline.

It's too bad you only had 950 on that second day. Getting 1,000 would of gotten you another 1,000.
    What Diamond 1 trip?

9. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So the moral of the story....when in doubt pull out!? haha

10. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, I was shocked they didn't simply add the 5k TC bonus to my TS and be done with it, I guess they are worried that the $750 Airfare credit and the LIMO transport would hurt their bottom line...ugh!
    Interesting though, I found this on the total rewards website:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total Rewards - How soon do Tier Credits get posted to my account?

Published 07/11/2005 02:26 PM | Updated 11/20/2013 05:52 PM

Total Rewards - How soon do Tier Credits get posted to my account?

Tier Credits for slots and video poker are posted to your account immediately, as they are earned.

https://totalrewards.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/241/kw/tier%20credits/session/L3RpbWUvMTM5NzEzNTgzOC9zaWQvU2dvVXFyUmw%3D

This is simply NOT TRUE and was the premises for me playing fro 5:15am to get the 500ish TC's I needed for the 10k Bonus!!!

Again, to re-iterate, I can confirm that your "Card out" date/time determines where that session TC's are posted!

I think I have a case here, now to find the right person to talk to!

11. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out my post above, the TR FAQ's state that TC's are earned in real-time, when in fact they are not!

12. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am also curious about the "Diamond 1 trip" you refer to?

13. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume the Diamond Tier 1 trip is

"unlock a complimentary four-night stay at any Total Rewards destination"

14. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow thanks for posting this as I had no idea. Talk to your Host and see what they can do because that really sucks and please let us know if you get it resolved in your favour.

15. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I sometimes play on the same person's card when we are trying to hit the 1000 or 2500 point level for that card. We always have to pull the cards out and put them back to see the points added in.

For example, I will switch machines and the points I just got show up but not the points on her machine if she is still playing. Then we will both pull the cards out to check so we know how many more points and hers then shows up.

Guess that goes with your experience.

16. macfisto

macfisto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GChrome -- I would try logging into your TR account and e-mailing them a complaint. I did this once before regarding a Reward Credit issue and it was taken care of fairly quickly. I was refunded Reward Credits that I believed had been unfairly taken. I would assume that something similar could be done with Tier Credits. Good luck and let us know if this is resolved.

17. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last Thursday I sent a complaint to total rewards, and a follow up message today.....I was shocked to get an instant email back stating the they have added 5000 Tier Credits to my account....now I'm safely at level 3diamond...bring on the 750 airfare credit, and the limo to-from airport!!!

18. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome, time to plan an extra trip!!!! I am a little confused on how the timing works. I got it last year but used it first quarter this year. Can you use it between now and 3/30/15?

19. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure that I can use it once while I am a diamond level 3. Ie: as long as I use it before my status is reset (March 2015).

20. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, now I have a goal, to reach level 3 on this trip (maybe next trip if things go bad) I'm less than 30,000 away which means four days at 2500 per day. Unfortunately (well maybe not) we have shows planned three nights and a few other things which cut into play. Might take two trips.

Last year, we had enough for my wife and I both to fly to Vegas in Feb which was when PH killed us. Guess they got the airfare several times back on that trip.

Anyway, Halloween is on the calendar, especially if the flight is good then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.