1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SWA check-in ~

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by VPDana, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VPDana

VPDana High-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    This morning I did the 24-hr check-in thing for Southwest. I was right on time and we were given B27 and B29. Since my husband and I are on the same reservation, how in the heck did B28 get between us? I know this is not a problem, just weird. :confused2:

2. Mamabear0222

Mamabear0222 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is odd. How many before you get to board the plane?
    (meaning do you know how many in each grouping?)

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We also have had strange check-in experiences that I can't find a logical explanation for.

Good luck:thumbsup: Have one at MSS for me.:beer:

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are 60 in each group. But the A group may not have that many if not that many people didn't purchased business select. I think they allocate the first 15 positions for business select.

3 groups total.

5. Mamabear0222

Mamabear0222 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm wondering if I should pay for the early check in on the return so I don't have to worry about this in Vegas. Anyone else done this?
    Sorry to hijack!

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We do it for every return flight. I don't want to deal with finding internet when on vacation and I don't have a "fancy" phone. For the first time ever, I bought it for the outbound flight since I didn't want to deal with a 7 AM check-in.

7. Mamabear0222

Mamabear0222 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a fancy phone but my return flight is 945am .. not sure if I'll be awake at that time lol

8. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I buy EBCI for every single SWA flight. I used to fly Southwest a couple times each month, but no more! I now use them only between Orlando and Las Vegas (because they have non-stops). I can't stand the T-24 nuisance and EBCI eliminates it. I have always received an A boarding pass (but have heard of others who got low B with it).

If your flight out of Las Vegas originates someplace else, so there are through passengers, EBCI is even more important. Mine starts in Los Angeles and EBCI is essential to secure an aisle seat for a very long flight.

9. Mamabear0222

Mamabear0222 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine is a direct flight to a small town in Michigan. On the fence.

10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is one flight out of Milwaukee that originates in Florida, then flies non-stop to Vegas from Milwaukee, (same plane) then the same plane heads to LA, then a city in Oregon. We still usually get high As in MKE or low Bs by doing the 24 check-in.

Every time we are on that flight and they announce continuing service to... I just shake my head. What a way to waste an entire day flying.:thumbsdown:

11. VPDana

VPDana High-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mamabear: Joe answered your question ~ thanks Joe.

Joe: I'll say hi to the Boar's Head Bar for you!

12. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually buy my SWA airline tickets on the morning of the first day they extend the reservations schedule. AND, at the same time I purchase our Early-Bird check-in.
    This morning, I checked in for our Wednesday flight, and our boarding passes are A-25 and A-26 ... and included the TSA "pre-screening" at Chicago Midway.

13. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a good morning person, so the first time ever, I bought EB for our 7 AM flight on Thursday. Got A44 & 45. A is good because flights from Milwaukee are usually full and if I do the 24 check-in we sometimes end up with low Bs.

22 hours and counting!!!

14. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depending on how people choose their seats before you, as long as you have B30 or lower, you should be able to sit together. Much past that and it becomes a crap shoot (basing this on a 737 which is what I think most if not all of our Southwest flights have been).

We just flew into Ft. Meyers. I checked in at exactly 24 hours for both flights and we were mid B's on the way out and B 30 & 31 for our return. For the return flights we ended up in the last row and there were only 1 other row with 2 seats together.

I noticed a lot of couples taking the window and aisle seats hoping no one would sit inbetween them. A Jerk move and especially annoying since hardly any flights take off with empty seats anymore. Makes the whole boarding process take longer as most everyone has to reshuffle seats when they realize they're going to end up with a row mate.

15. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's good for me because I get the second row middle as everyone else walks to the back.:thumbsup:

16. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even more of a jerk move is when only one of a couple buys the EB and then tries to "save" a seat for his/her partner in order to save a few bucks.

17. sam

sam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always purchase the EB with Southwest but I have a question. I am always in a panic to print my boarding pass out 24 hrs ahead of time. sometimes I can find internet to do this and sometimes the hotel will do it for you. Can you print this when you get to the airport? Many thanks to anyone for their assistance.

18. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely. We only buy EB for the return trip but very easy to print at the airport kiosk. I do the 24 hr check-in for our departure, but never print it until we get to the airport. I like the boarding pass that fits in my shirt pocket that gets printed at the airport.

19. sam

sam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the information. I greatly appreciate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.