1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

esta

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Schnags, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schnags

Schnags Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did my esta a few weeks back, and got approved. however, when filling in the form for the address of 1st night's stay, I only put the name of my hotel (luxor hotel) and not the name of the street, zip code ect.. will this be a problem getting into the US?

Also, how long roughly does it take from when you land to getting through security ect ect?

Thanks.

2. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Took me an hour or so to clear customs and get to the US.

3. SandPete

SandPete Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably no problem but as you can log in and update it, why not do it to be safe?

Varies a lot but if you doing immigration in LV it' fairly fast, good day 1 hour till you got your stuff and done, bad day up to 2 hours. Done immigration at earlier stop, it's faster.

4. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can prospective travelers apply to ESTA for a travel authorization without specific travel plans if they want to be able to travel to the United States on short notice?

Visa Waiver Program travelers are not required to have specific plans to travel to the United States before they apply for a travel authorization. If a traveler’s destination address in the United States is unknown when he or she completes the application in ESTA for the travel authorization, the traveler should enter the name of the hotel or approximate location he or she intends to visit. Travelers may update this information when their plans are finalized, but they will not be required to update their destination addresses or itineraries should they change after their travel authorization has been approved. DHS recommends that applications for travel authorization be submitted in ESTA as early as possible, as soon as, or even before travel is planned. ESTA will accept applications from last minute and emergency travelers – those Visa Waiver Program travelers that arrive at the airport without an approved ESTA.

5. Pancakes

Pancakes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They don't seem to care much about the details on the ESTA. When we went to NYC last October, ours still had the address details from our Vegas trip and they didn't bat an eye.

The line in immigration depends on how many planes have landed recently and of course how sharply you are out of your own plane. Anything from 15mins to an hour in my experience.

6. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I went on a lads trip the guy who organised it didn't tell me he had changed the hotel so I had the original hotel on my ESTA, though you also have to put down where your staying when you fill the customs form in as well.

7. Schnags

Schnags Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.