1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Turn out the lights, the buffet is over - RIP Bally's Champagne Brunch

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Viva Las Vegas, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Today was the last day Bally's offered their famous buffet.

Updated - BLT will be a steakhouse, not BLT burger.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought CET announced another steak house.....forget the name but they definitely said it was a steakhouse... Oh....looked it up...BLT Steakhouse shows as coming soon to Bally's & the other closing....

3. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had heard it would reopen as a BLT Steak, which would be a big improvement over the aging steakhouse, and that the Sterling brunch would be retained in some (probably dumbed down) form. The strip doesn't need new steakhouses either, but that is what many people want so every hotel has at least one.

4. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're correct, BLT Steakhouse (not BLT Burger which I wrote originally) to open later this year, but possible changes may be coming to buffet (some good - it should be offered twice, though some longtime items may change).

Hope they keep it the same/ close to the same for longtime fans of the buffet.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They definitely put this off...the initial report was they were going to close the steakhouse for reno in fall of last year.

6. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd be willing to bet it never actually returns even though it has been stated that Bally's would continue to run the Sterling Brunch in some form after BLT opens.

Even if it does continue the brunch, it would probably be dumbed down to meet a much lower price point. The champagne is definitely not returning. It's a good time to no longer be known for a specific brand of high-end champagne.

I also bet that, if it does return in the dumbed down form, it will be dumbed down too much in relation to the still-somewhat-high price and will close within a year.

7. LindainWI

LindainWI Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always enjoyed the Sterling Brunch

We always enjoyed the Sterling Brunch. Yeah it was pricey, but worth it for the champagne alone. Specially if you sit around long enough to drink your dollar's worth. LOL
    :beer:

8. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kinda what I had read, the Sterling Brunch wouldn't be part of the BLT. Whatever replaces it will be more morden and inline with BLT atmosphere.

9. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is my assessment too--they will replace the real champagne with $5 a bottle "sparkling wine", charge a little less like $59.99, and wonder why nobody is interested. Classic CET.

10. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As per 'Open Table' the Sterling Brunch is accepting reservations starting April 6th......we have reservations for the 13th there......but if not we also have them at Jasmine...hoping the SB will be back as before as I would rate it the best IMHO.

11. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never eaten at Bally's Sterling Brunch Buffet. I usually just got out of bed around that time and don't fancy a heavy meal like that then. I would probably only be able to have three bites of a steak. Also I didn't like the fact that the (ridiculous?) high price was mainly for the unlimited champagne, which I don't want anyway.

But I'm still sad it's over. The food options seemed amazing and I was always hoping for an opportunity (knight and shining armour? lol) to check it out.

Goodbye Sterling Brunch, RIP! :nworthy:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  12. TwiceTheJava

TwiceTheJava Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone else offer an 'all-you-can-drink' champagne buffet?

I miss Sterling Brunch already.

13. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Several do offer unlimited Champaign but almost all are not in the same league as Sterling.

14. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can get all you can drink "champagne" (usually it's only sparkling wine) at almost any weekend buffet on the Strip. However, what they are serving is only $10/bottle retail (if that), where Sterling Brunch was serving Perrier Jouet which is $60/bottle retail.

15. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jasmine in front of the Bellagio Fountains has a high end brunch and you can add champagne for either $20-30 or $40 dollars more. Last year we did the $20 extra per person on Easter Sunday and suffered the rest of the night. This year we will just buy cocktails or a bottle of wine.

But the BEST was Sterling Brunch.

16. mcevene

mcevene Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    open or not - sterling brunch

has anyone actually been to the new sterling brunch - reviews of price, champagne ect please.
    Called several different depts. at CET and Bally's and read a few current reports on web and no two answers are the same. CET says they don't know when exactly it will open but most likely june - same with other reports - bally's and a few post on other blogs say it will be open for mother's day. on above post said they had reservation for the 7 of april, was it open?
    It's our favorite and have gone on mother's day for the past ten years and hope not to break the streak. Between the champagne and sea food always got our money's worth.

17. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BLT Steak
    Opening: June
    This restaurant taking over the Bally's Steakhouse plans to offer up an inverted question mark-shaped bar, walnut touches throughout and a gold-framed gas fireplace that looks out on the main room. The main 7,260-square-foot main dining room fills out with more than 250 seats. The total project can accommodate 389 guests. Fans of the Sterling Brunch will be thrilled to hear that the buffet service will be upgraded.

vegas eater,com

Most the things I've read has said the same thing, early 2014 so Mothers day sounds good.

18. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fans of the Sterling Brunch will be thrilled to hear that the buffet service will be upgraded.

Interesting. "Upgraded" in CET speak generally means "a price increase, and some changes which lower our cost which we hope you won't notice or care about". Let's hope for the best.

19. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a call from them yesterday and was told our upcoming reservation has been cancelled and they hope they see us when it opens again but didn't give a date.

20. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought that this was in the cafe and that they had a buffet as well. Was this the only buffet that Ballys had?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.