1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Another I'm Leaving in x days and I Feel Horrible Thread

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by johnvic, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I leave to go to Vegas on Saturday morning, I'm going for a convention and for pleasure. I'm not complaining in this thread but I need to just let it out a bit. I think VMB people can relate. As my friend Pernell says, "I'm not complaining, I'm explaining".

Tuesday night I get a call from my cousin that my aunt passed away. She was the last living person of the previous generation on both my mother's and father's side. She was a sweet person and close to my mother. The last time I saw her was a year ago and she was pretty out of it. She had no idea who we were. Since that time I honestly thought that she may have already been dead because my cousin is a odd and could see her not calling anyone. Nonetheless she passed away on Tuesday. It is better that she passed on, she was suffering and Alzheimer's had pretty much taken over her mind for a few years. So I'm not distraught by any means, it is sad though and there is no one left to tell us the history. Today is the wake and tomorrow is the funeral.

Yesterday I went for my chiropractic appointment. It's been helping with my lower back and hips. When I was in Russia I sort of pulled my back on the 2nd to last day, but I have had lower back problems for a while now. I'm actually very healthy but have poor posture and lower back issues as well as some arthritis in the knees and hips. The good news is that I'm stretching and feeling much better. Oh, don't get a modern couch that is very low. I think that is messing me up and once I get my next job situation in order I am going to look into getting a more supportive couch. So I left the chiropractor to meet my old boss for lunch and pick up something I was shopping for. I walk 50 feet and my left hip gets a sharp pain. As the day goes on my left knee is on fire. I tried to walk it off. When I got home I took a nap and that did not help. The only thing that helped was elevating my leg. Sitting on my way too low couch was very painful. Today I went to the chiropractor, he checked me out and sent me to the sports doctor around the block from him. The sports doctor was great and said you'll be fine. He gave me a prescription for an anti-inflamatory drug much stronger than Advil. He said he did not think chortisol(sp?) was the best choice. He said to ice the knee and wear an Ace bandage when walking. Walking is not too bad, it's really standing still or sitting for too long. I went to get a hair cut and I could not sit still, lol. I did not go to the funeral home today, again sitting is rough. Tomorrow I will go to the mass and burial, I feel I have to go. Then on Saturday I fly to Vegas. I checked with the downtown grand, they have ice machines on every other floor.

So that's my little annoyance.

2. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are doing the right thing by going to the service. You'll feel better about it afterwards. Also, when you get to your hotel, see if they have a hot tub or Jacuzzi for your hip. It may help in some pain relief. Enjoy yourself!!

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  3. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry about the loss of your Aunt. Alzheimers is a cruel thief.

In addition to the ice at the Downtown Grand - I am sure you can also self-medicate your pains :wink2:

When we Were Young
  4. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When the doctor gave me a prescription I asked can I drink with it, lol. He said yes but maybe wait 2 hours after I take it to avoid stomach problems.

5. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have twisted hips and a herniated disc in my lower back (L5, S1) so i feel your pain.

I also have a sinus infection since october that just wont go away.

Sorry about your aunt.

6. MNHornet09

MNHornet09 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel your pain. My family has been hit pretty hard the past couple weeks. Enough is enough. I would like to have a stress free vacation.

7. Shauncho

Shauncho Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If there's one thing i learned from doing acid... If you're going on a trip you better have your shit in order or your going to have a bad trip...

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :beer::beer:
    Sorry for your loss. My dad's side of the family has been gone for 25 years. On my mom's side, I have one surviving uncle out of the original 13 siblings.

How are you going to handle the NAB? All that standing and walking?

9. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walking is actually okay, it feels good to walk. So NAB shoud be okay. I just took a subway, standing, and felt fine. It's sitting that's rough, being in a car today and at church was trying. So the flight might be interesting if I feel the same tomorrow. I have some flexiril, which I've never taken before. I'm thinking of trying that before the flight. I checked it out and theree is no listed interaction problems with the NSAID I'm taking. I don't think I'll be drinking with it though, lol. But if it can get me through a 5 1/2 hour flight then I can live with being groggy when I land.

10. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry on both counts. Don't take those meds on an empty stomach. But, yeah, you can drink with them. I dunno man. Try a hot tub and/or a massage? Try out a spa? It'll be a more relaxed trip for you for sure. It doesn't sound like getting a scooter would be much help for you either. I dunno what to advise you. I just hope you have a good trip.

11. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The flight sucked, lol. The actual flight was fine but I could not sit still. but once I got here, iced my knee, stretched I was better. Walking does help a lot. at dinner the booth was comfortable and the drinks helped!

12. admmr

admmr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Find a Walgreens and pick up some Max Freeze. Not biofreeze, but Max Freeze. It works pretty well, I hurt my back bad when we were touring Yellowstone, and it saved my vacation! My husband uses it on his knee and shoulders, really helps. Good luck to you!

13. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did get Max Freeze, it's part of morning routine. Good stuff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.