1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

FYI: SWA & 24 hr check-in

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Joe, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a fyi. My brother & sil flew SWA to Vegas and did the 24 hr check-in last week and ended up with B50 & 51. Why? They bumped the departure time up 5 minutes and he never caught the change. Apparently a lot of others did.:poke:

I'm not sure I would either. I usually just go by the confirmation email time. He says he never got any notice of a change. Maybe 5 minutes doesn't warrant a notification, or he ignored it as another sale email and didn't read it??

Anyway, just another thing to check. We always do the 24 hr check-in outbound and pay for EB coming home so I don't have to deal with finding internet access on vacation.

2. mdlee3_46041

mdlee3_46041 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's possible that his email went into the junk mail folder also. I've always gotten emails from airlines no matter how small the change is, but sometimes they do end up in the junk mail. Before I delete my junk mail, I quickly browse through it just to see if something looks important.

3. vokalml

vokalml Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People pay 10 bucks to get moved to the front of the line.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are talking about Early Boarding, that is $12.50 pp, but that doesn't get you to the front of the line. Business Select does and I think that is around $30-$40pp and can be purchased at the airport.

5. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would be very frustrating! I just pay the $12.50 each way to avoid the T-24 nuisance. SWA just keeps getting more annoying and less beneficial.

6. reen1962

reen1962 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We booked several months out last time we flew SWA to LV and our time was also bumped by 5 or 10 minutes with no follow up from the airline. I just happened to look up the flight again before we left and noticed a different time. It departed 5 to 10 min. earlier going out and coming back.

It's Been Too Long 'Ol Friend! :-)
  7. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ohhhh, I don't like that. Thanks for headsup.
    Usually doesn't affect me, cuz I'm A-List.
    But if traveling with someone who isn't?
    Will need to LOOK, and Check day before,so don't
    miss the 24Hr. window by 5 or 10 mins.!:thumbsdown:

8. vokalml

vokalml Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What does early boarding get you then. I thought it would throw you I n one of the a slots and it would be on first come first serve. I have never done it
    But would be interested in how it works as it is not what I thought. I click in right at the time and the best I have ever gotten is about a50. Please
    Explain how that happens then

9. Morpheus7272

Morpheus7272 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Business Select (which you can upgrade to at the airport for $40) gets you into the first 15 slots (A1-A15). Early Bird is an auto-checkin that happens before the 24-hr window opens. That auto-checkin starts at A16, unless, I guess, there are more than Business Select passengers (BS'ers, ha ha). EB'ers are checked in (I think) in the order they booked their EB relative to their flight - for example, if I buy my EB a week before you, I will get a better boarding position. These days, it takes EB to get an A pass in many cases.

Hope this helps...

Dave

10. Mamabear0222

Mamabear0222 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads up, not sure what the fuss is about though?
    Does A or B really matter? Everyone will get on I'm assuming?

11. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being able to get on the SWA plane earlier, gives you a better chance to get a choice seat location ... AND be guaranteed of finding open overhead storage for your "carry-on" luggage.

12. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My recent flight from Vegas I had the EB and got something like A22. As I was leaving for the airport I got a text from SWA that the flight was delayed from 6:25 until 6:55. By the time I got to the airport it was 7:05. Long story short, I got to the gate at 6:35 and they were boarding C group! They had moved the flight time up and I only ever got the initial text. Lesson learned. The texting service from SWA is crap. I should have known this. Several years ago I got a text from them saying my gate had changed as I was boarding the plane at the new gate.

P.S. The flight wasn't very full and I got my aisle seat with a middle seat empty.

13. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always do the $12.50 each way. My justification is I have 2 "free" bags and with what other airlines are charging for luggage, guaranteed earlier boarding is worth it vs checking in 24 hours in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.