1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

IS PHo out of their mind?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by WHIVGOYTUBE, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, on week days Sun - Thur, nothing going on convention wise...

The Pho VISTA RESORT room goes for $320 per night.

Now this is Dum ass, ME, has no comps, and is buying a room..OK?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Really .......

The Cosmo Fountain view room at the RACK Rate of about $280.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Why does PHo think that room is worth $320 per night? :ssst:

And Cosmo has Fountain view with better view at less cost.

--------------------------------------------------------------

CAN Someone explain what CET is thinking here?

Or it is me.....:nono:

2. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if I'm right but I'll give you my opinion.

Like airline seats,the room prices are capacity controlled.
    So if PH has a big convention in house or if a lot of their rooms are allocated for a bigger convention in town,they may be 85-90% full.
    When that happens the price goes up.

Another thing I have noticed is Caesars seems to overprice their nicer Las Vegas properties.Maybe it's related to the TR feeder system.
    CP is often priced higher than comparable competition or even nicer hotels.
    I never understood that.why would someone pay more to stay at CP than
    Wynn,Bellagio etc.

3. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET and their overpricing of nicer rooms is the main reason we left them for MGM properties. We like to book an upgraded room and with CET it is ridiculous. A jr suite at a CET prop can start at $350 while a comprable suite at an MGM property can start as low as $110. No lie here, it is the reason we left them.

4. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Book the Cosmo fountain room. You get a nicer room in a nicer hotel and there's nothing to be upset about. You win!

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  5. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I am saying, with over 4 months of observations of watching room rates at PHo, is the Vista Resort is around the $320 mark. Now granted, no one is going to pay that. AND, these rooms are primarily used by HOSTs to comp their better players.

Now with that thought in mind, switch to Cosmo.

Doing the same thing over the same 4 months, and observing prices (Soooooo Much Desiring) their Fountain view (BALCONY) room, it's around the $240 - 280 mark (and not just used by HOSTs to comp better players, for they expect people to ALSO pay and book these rooms too).

So I have to repeat..... Pho... REALLY!

It is obvious to me, these are Comps rooms only. For who in their right mind would pay $320 for a room when you will just walk right across the street, and get a better balcony DIRECT fountain view room at less cost! :nworthy:

Stupid Pho. :thumbsdown:

What bothers me about this, ....OK.... So you don't understand the competition down the street. Cool.

But this competition is right across the street and RIGHT IN YOUR FACE... HELLO CET! :Þ

6. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking you're right on the mark about this! :nworthy: And I'm CET Loyal.... LOL :bang: and stupid Jeff Dunham Walter dum ass on me.

BTW, I love Walter, Jeff Dunham. He is such a Piss Ant, for he (I mean Jeff Dunham.. but its really Walter) says it for what it is.... :kill:

7. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were CET loyalists up until last year, 12 trips. We got tired of booking a crap room because it was comped and "hoping" to pay to upgrade at checkin. A Paris Lemans suite on the 4th floor with no view starting in the upper $300's to book, no way...we booked a comped bottom room and paid to upgrade at checkin. That was our MO...Now, We have a Diamond Suite reserved in 3 weeks at MC, booked it months ago on a sale for $115 night midweek, higher of course for Friday night....but we could never book a 2 room suite at a CET prop for that price. For us it is not about luxury, we like to feel at home...so we want the empty fridge, table & chairs, sofa...we like to feel at home. The condo places would be great except I smoke like a chimney no matter where I go and the condo places are all nonsmoking. ;) We love Walter.

8. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've noticed CET rack rates are consistently less desirable than MGM for mid-range and high-end properties. If someone isn't getting comp'd I have no idea why they'd choose CET.

9. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have that same chimney habit too, every time we get to Vegas. :nworthy:

I would love to see Walter walk the strip and listen to what he says about it, as he is walking around the sights and his comments about the people.

You know it would be nasty. :kill:

10. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think its CET who is out of their mind rather the people who are staying there. Why not overcharge for rooms if they have a customer base that are willing to pay for it. I always assumed they attract a lot of new vegas visitors they don't know any better or just loyal CET customers who never stayed anywhere else.

11. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pho is my favorite Vietnamese dish, try it if you haven't :wave:

12. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, we have always been a sucker CET customer because of the Bellagio fountains since our very first Vegas Trip. And that Fountain view is not going to change now. That is our Home base area, Period!

This trend started from vacation number 1, and since then, will always be about the Bellagio Fountains. For we only get to go to Vegas once every 3 years.. (Sorry Vegas Regulars).

I only see two other options away from CET properties.. MFILE.... Bellagio Fountain View (that we cannot afford), or Cosmo (that for the same Fountain View and CHEAPER), that we also cannot afford.

We're Stuck in CET. :nono: And do not like it.

We Still have a wonderful Fountain View.. :thumbsup:

For low Ballers like us, this is as best it get gets.

But a Bellagio or Cosmo balcony fountain view.........

:nworthy: PRICELESS :nworthy:

13. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! I was thinking the same thing!

14. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know we argued on a previous thread, and I'm sorry for not being more mature about it, but you are bang on the money here.

Anything for sale is worth what someone is prepared to pay.

15. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We really like the Vista room and stayed in it a few times, but definitely not worth $300 but if people pay it then why not charge it.
    Not sure of the typical price for this room as we have yet to pay. :beer:

16. dglen

dglen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's all about supply and demand. Either the hotel is almost full or the dates you are looking at are too far out and they have their rack rates posted.

17. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably something going on... who knows. You can't always tell why a hotel will be busy. Is Britney there? One of the other concerts?

It works this way at every property on the strip... who knows why a random Tuesday at Luxor is $200 a night lol. It just is.. I plan my dates around the prices lately.

I'm not huge on CET properties...if it's a good deal I'll take it, but I prefer the MGM equivalents. I'd never, ever pay $320 to stay at PHo.

18. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I admit, I am a CET loyalist. We started out at the Flamingo but once we got diamond and a host we moved to Caesars Palace and we love it. In the beginning, we gambled at both CET properties and MLife. CET is the group that gave us free rooms, MLife gave us nothing so we now gamble almost exclusively at CET properties and I can't see that changing. If we had to go back to paying for rooms, we may try out some MLife properties or the Cosmo but even then, I'd probably just go back to the Flamingo as it's cheap and just fine for our needs. I definitely would not pay that kind of money for PHo though, ever!

19. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From what I've read CET is pretty generous with room offers, so it makes sense that people stay at their properties for the comps.

It's CET's rack rates that blow my mind. In my experience they aren't remotely competitive with MGM for mid and high end rooms. I'm not sure about budget options.

20. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to agree with this....We also started at the Flamingo and the rooms >= Go Lux with view, met our needs just fine! but since I became diamond (and 7 *'s by the end of this year) and we have a host, we have moved on to Caesars and this trip a panorama suite at Planet Hollywood. We are staying at Paris in July because we are renewing our vows and about 20 people are coming along. I was able to secure rooms for ~100/night for the week, not a bad price in my opinion, but I think it's all about timing/room availability!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.