1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Room Deposits

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Knucklehead69, Mar 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if there is any kind of set rules on nightly room deposits at MGM resorts. I seem to get different answers on each visit. I know this deposit also acts as the house charge account so I'm sure the desk agents are pressed to collect it but I normally ask to opt out and sometimes they let me and other times not. Someone once told me that if the room is comped you're normally not allowed to opt out.. Anyone know if this is true?

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The deposit is so you can charge stuff to your room.

You can opt out by just saying you don't want charge to room at check in and they won't charge you a deposit.

HOWEVER, it does get trickier with room offers:

If you have an offer for a comp room and/or free play then you can opt out of the room deposit.

But if your offer includes things like food/beverage credit, 2 for 1 buffet, free spa treatments, free show tickets, 2 for 1 show tickets, etc... then you have to do the room deposit or else you can't use those perks/advantages.

And thats because if you have something like "Two Complimentary Buffets" how that works is you go to the buffet, charge them to your room and then overnight or the next morning their computer will make the adjustment to your account and remove the charge off your bill... but the key there is that you still have to charge the buffets to your room and for a brief moment they will show up on your room charge before they are removed or credited.

3. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this is NOT true. I just got back from there Thursday on COMP nights, and they still required a credit card for deposit. I tried to get out of it saying that I wanted nothing charged to the room, and they still required it, but I talked them down to 100 instead of the 200..

I am going to post a thread about my recent experiences there

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.