1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dinner under $50 per person?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Mamabear0222, Mar 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mamabear0222

Mamabear0222 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can it be done on the strip? (alcohol not included?)

Any suggestions for a Mom and daughter travelling?

We aren't into fine dining at all so that's not an issue, but also not wanting to eat fast food all the time. Buffet suggestions would be great also but looking for some sit downs.

What about downtown? (we'll do dinner and Freemont street one night also)

2. dglen

dglen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grand Lux at the Venetian and The Cheesecake Factory at the Forum Shops at Caesars would be a good choice. Spago in the Forum Shops has good pizza too.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your summary says you've been to Las Vegas twice so this seems like a really odd question... maybe if you've never been and heard some things (that were wrong)?

Every dinner buffet is under $50 per person and there are numerous restaurants (probably the vast majority of all restaurants in Las Vegas) where you can sit down and dine for under $50 per person.

Since a list of "where can you dine for under $50 per person" is pretty much going to include just about every restaurant in Las Vegas maybe you should specify what exactly you are looking for (food, atmosphere) and where?

4. The Equalizer

The Equalizer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without alcohol there is a ton of options at less then $50 a person. In fact I would venture to say most strip dining can be had under $50 a person without alcohol if you order with some discretion.

5. Mamabear0222

Mamabear0222 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to Vegas twice yes, the last time was about 10 yrs ago with my husband. This is a very different trip. I'm travelling with my 70 yr old Mom for her birthday so including tip, taxes etc she wants to keep meals within her budget. Even a $30 buffet with a non alcoholic drink, tax and tip can be $50 easily.

I guess my question should've been, where can you have a sit down dinner for around $50 each total that has good food.

(the only buffet I've read about that is decent food and decent priced is Cravings @ Mirage)

The where doesn't matter, we'll have a Deuce pass. As for food, anything except ethnic foods I suppose.

6. Mamabear0222

Mamabear0222 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know thanks. None of the menus have prices, so there is no way for me to know if that's even possible anymore.

The last trip when my Mom went to Vegas, buffets were good deals and my Dad and her were eating at $9.99 all you can eats lol

7. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some of my favorites are:

Border Grill (Mandalay Bay)
    Gordon Ramsay BurGR (Planet Hollywood)
    Holsteins (Cosmopolitan)
    Grand Lux (Venetian or Palazzo)

Pizza Rock (Downtown, near Downtown Grand, must do if you are downtown)

Nearly anywhere you should be able to find a good meal under $50. Pretty much just avoid anything that is a steak house. Also when dining I'd probably stay out of places like Bellagio, Wynn/Encore and Aria, they won't have many reasonable options. I don't personally recommend buffets, I've never had a meal I enjoyed that was worth the $30 they charge for dinner. Sure if you go to a super crappy hotel it's $9.99, but anything on the strip will be close to $30 for dinner.

8. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://www.usmenuguide.com/lasvegas.html

I like this link for restaurant menus. Many will give prices but not all. Some may be up to date while some may not even be open anymore. if you see something you like, I'd go directly to the hotel's website to confirm things like hours, menu, etc.

As all said, you can dine at pretty much any strip restaurant excluding fancier spots for $50pp. A popular choice is Mon Ami Gabi inside Paris. If you're willing to wait for a patio table, you could dine watching the Bellagio fountains.

http://www.monamigabi.com/menu/?loc=vegas

9. Mamabear0222

Mamabear0222 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mon Ami Gabi sounds great. I will check out the link as well, thank you

10. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

what general area are you staying in?

as you know from your taxes and tips comment, a cab ride to and from dinner if added into the total will take you over the top pretty fast.

11. Mamabear0222

Mamabear0222 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are staying at the south end but will use the deuce to go where we'd like .... so location doesn't matter at all as we will be all over!!

12. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really: the tax is 8.1% in Las Vegas so on a $30 purchase thats just under two and a half dollars in tax so you'd have to be leaving a 60% tip to get it over $50 - at buffets most people leave just a $2-5 tip per person if the server is bringing drinks (free if not alcohol) and clearing the table regularly.

There are going to be places you can dine for $50pp almost anywhere... even the fancy places like Bellagio, Aria or Cosmopolitan have places within that budget (I don't know about Wynn or Encore, haven't been to either for quite a few years).

If you are staying at the south end of The Strip you will have some pretty good choices between NYNY, MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay for nice restaurants with a good variety of menu items that will fall within that budget or if you want a little cheaper Luxor, Excalibur and Monte Carlo as well.

13. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  14. Texas Gramma

Texas Gramma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Give Mom a Treat

Hugo's is old style Las Vegas elegance personified... their menu is online with their prices at the 4 queens website and there are lots of pictures on Trip Advisor and Yelp, etc.
    ---
    One of the best things... besides the ambiance and glorious food and service... is everything is included in the price... except for drinks... unusual at a fine dining establishment. Included with all entrees at no extra charge... bottled water, assorted warm breads and special cheese toasted lavosh. Intermezzo... Fruit sorbet to refresh the taste buds. Hugo’s table-side salad cart, vegetable de jour and choice of potatoes or wild rice. A finishing touch of white and dark chocolate dipped strawberries, apricots and baby figs... prices vary from $39 - $64 depending on your entree... or a waiter told me you can have everything but an entree by ordering the $18 table side salad... fine if your appetite is small or you want to share an entree.
    ---
    If she still insists on a buffet, across the street is the Fremont... they have a Paradise Buffet ... 4-10pm... Prime Rib Night $13.99 on Sun, Mon, Thurs. Seafood Fantasy $19.99 on Tue., Fri.... Steak Night, $13.99 on Wed., Sat. Also if you like Champagne brunches... they have one on Sat. and Sun. 11-3 for $11.99.
    ---
    I do not know what age group you and your mom are in, but if either of you is 55 or older, go by the players booth and get 20% off at Hugo's. I have eaten there a number of times with other people and have even eaten there solo and been treated like a royal person... unusual for upscale restaurants and a single woman diner. Be sure to make a reservation... it's not a large establishment. I've never been disappointed in my meal. If you choose Hugo's I hope it is a special meal for you and your Mom!!!

15. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    since you are south strip, Wolfgang puck's at MGM is awesome. Never had a bad meal there.
    another option is Cut of the week special at Charlie palmers steakhouse at MB... $50 for a 3 course meal with wine pairing. (reviews are always really good for this place, but unfortunately I can't give you first hand experience... I really need to get to this place)

16. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For 2 people you can pretty much go anywhere. Any steakhouse you could easily split a steak, get an app/desert and with tax/tip you would probably be slightly more than $100 total.

If I'm traveling with someone and they are willing, getting 1 entree and a bunch of smaller plates is usually my preference. You get to try a lot of things and I feel a lot of the apps/sides/deserts are usually better than the entrees.

17. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Max Brenner inside Caesars Forum Shops. I think you two would love it. They have their very own "chocolate bar." The food itself is great but the desserts....WOWOWOWOWOW!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/max-brenner-las-vegas

Edit: Sorry, just found out this place is in the process of closing.

18. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out some of the Happy Hours as well.

We are planning on going to a steakhouse once on our next trip, and splitting a steak and salad and getting an appetizer and probably dessert. As the a la carte-type restaurants can get expensive, their sides can be a good size portion. I would think you could avoid a split-plate fee if you order a salad as your meal.

There are plenty of place, maybe giving us an idea of what type of food/atmosphere you would like, and we could give you some good ideas.

19. MIA_305

MIA_305 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Buffet at Cosmo is amazing and is $38.00 per person or $48.00 with endless wine.

20. Mamabear0222

Mamabear0222 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm loving all these suggestions, you guys are great!!!!! Thank you!:nworthy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.