1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Booking a Comped room--arriving next morning

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by nsideirish, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsideirish

nsideirish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I plan on arriving early on a Thursday morning (around 7:30 am) and would like to have a room ready. I am fully comped for as many days as I want to book at TR hotels. If I booked a room for Wed-Sun but don't arrive until early Thurs, is there any kind of fee or anything thy can do?

I don't have a direct host to ask about this.

2. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best is to call VIP Services at the hotel you're staying at. :)

3. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You SHOULD be able to book Wed night and have them note you as a (very) late arrival. In reality, though, they are likely to consider you a no show at some point in the wee hours Thursday and cancel the reservation, which will cause unpleasantness when you do turn up at 7:30

I would be more comfortable just booking Thurs and pushing for an early check in. If you have any kind of clout with the property it should be no problem.

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you call them and explain your situation they will hold the reservation and accomodate you when you arrive.

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think danky's scenario is the more likely one, "the system" will peg you as a no-show and cancel your reservation.

I think you're better off just booking starting with the day you arrive, and try to check in early. If there's any objection, just state that you could have added the prior night as a comp night and explain why you didn't.

6. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes the system will show you as a no show and your reservation will be cancelled. We had something like this happen last year for our anniversary.

I changed the reservation so that the first night we could stay in a nice mirage room.

The next day we show up at the flamingo and they can't find a reservation.

Finally after hunting they figured it was because the system showed us is a no-show as they did not show the changing reservation.

We were able to get a reservation back but had to pay $20 I sure wouldn't want to risk it.

I should've known something was up when I didn't get the new confirmation for the change reservation but instead the flamingo enough and figured it was just fine.

So don't risk being a no-show your whole reservation will be canceled.

7. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    having worked in a hotel the system would purge no shows at 2-3 am, whenever i did night audit.

Your best bet like others said is to book the day you are arriving and have your host note your arrival time.

8. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They may cancel your reservation if you arrive a day late. Since you don't have a host, I would call the VIP office. It may be better to book your room for Thursday. If they have available rooms, you should be able to check in early Thursday morning.

9. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

I have arrived as early as 10am, had a limo and room ready to go upon arrival.

Even if you have a little bit of weight, enough to give you "fully comped as many days as you want," then you likely have enough weight to book with a 7:30am arrival

I would say the only exception to that would be a specific tower/room type/view or in one of the smaller/newer "boutique hotels" like Cromwell or NOBU, only due to availability issues, but again, if you have enough weight, they'd plan properly.

See if you can even swing them to have a sliced fruit tray, juice ad coffee in the room upon arrival....that'd test your weight

10. nsideirish

nsideirish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone. I am going to give VIP services a call Monday. I have one of those "Executive Sales Reps" or whatever through CET so maybe I'll try calling her. The trip isn't until August so I am not super worried about it yet. I might just ask for that fruit tray! I have comped rooms over Labor Day Weekend at all CET resorts for all nights so they must think decently of my play.

I am a Flamingo guy (even over Caesar's) so that is probably what I will be shooting for. If they can't do it though, I'll just check my bags and grab some breakfast, hang out at the pool, and start my degenerate gambling.

11. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since the reservation is so far away, it would just be as easy to go online, cancel your reservation and just make a new one.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.