1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

So, what's everyone have planned this summer???

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staycation? Working through to pay off last Christmas? Taking the single-malt tour of the Scottish highlands? What's on your docket?

2. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next month we are sailing with Princess on our 38th cruise, then a week at Cocoa Beach, then driving to Maine for the summer to enjoy our little cabin up there. We work on a lot of projects there, have a garden, go kayaking, visit with family & friends, enjoy lots of campfires with lots of adult beverages. After September apple-picking & foliage, we head back to Florida. Can't wait!

3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    June - Vegas trip

August - M Life cruise on Majesty of the Seas - Nassau, CocoCay and Key West. It will be my first Key West visit.

October - Probably another Vegas trip - combined with a few days at the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab. Utah.

God, I love summer!!!

What about you Ken?

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seattle first week of July for 5 nights.

Madison, WI (3 nights) at the end of August for the Taste of Madison & the Farmers Market that same weekend.

So many summer festivals around here in summer that we enjoy.

Polishfest, Irishfest, Germanfest, Strawberry Fest, Bastille Days and of course Summerfest.

Booked for Oct Vegas and then most likely Thanksgiving & Christmas, but nothing booked so far until SWA opens up that part of the calender.

5. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOW this sounds so amazing. A perfect summer.

7. luci5

luci5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We go on vacation between Sept / Oct and May. We stay at home and work all summer.

We normally have 3 holidays in the pipeline, but we have taken them all apart from our annual pilgrimage to Vegas in May. We usually do a cruise in the Med in October, Benidorm in Spain for Xmas and New Year, Tenerife or somewhere in Spain in February and Vegas in May.

8. jbball50

jbball50 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fishing trips and fishing trips and more fishing trips. Spring to October I spend alot of my weekends fishing for different things, salmon, walleye, catfish, halibut, lingcod, crappie, perch, and bass. I might take a trip back to New York and Vermont with my dad in July, then the girlfriend and I will be going to New Orleans in September or October. I might have to do a Vegas trip if I get a new job here soon.

9. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's the first year that I can spend the whole summer at our cabin as I recently retired. It's like the polar opposite of being in Las Vegas! We built this little cabin over the last four years during our vacation time in Maine.

Attached Files:

10. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We do a fair bit of spontaneous stuff, but here's what I know is going on.

May -- looks like that will be Hawaii, not next month
    Memorial Weekend -- annual get together up here with our former neighbors
    June -- Banff and Jasper
    Late June -- some of the buds will be here for a long weekend of wine and golf
    July -- Terri does the girls trip to Carlsbad
    August -- 35th H.S. reunion in PDX. Gulp. Old. Bandon then Bend for golf
    September -- Eugene some weekend for a Ducks game at Autzen
    TBD -- annual shrimp boil here, loads of friends from all over and local

11. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's feminine - La Tour Eiffel:peace:

We don't usually do summer vacations. Too many kids & we prefer cheaper shoulder season travel. We already went to Orlando - half business, half leisure, back in February. Our big vacation this year will be in December - Christmas Market river cruise, Nuremburg - Basel. Over the summer we're doing some shorter trips - I have a work trip to Portland (OR) in May and we'll extend a few days to see family & drink good beer (my husband is coming with me - I'm sure while I'm working he'll be drinking more of the good beer:beer:). DC to visit with my college roommates though ironically most of us are skipping the reunion and meeting another weekend. My mom's NC mountain cabin at some point. A trip to MKE to visit my baby nephew (and his parents, my sister & BIL). Maybe another long weekend or two....

12. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    April - Vegas for 4 nights
    May - Vegas for 3 nights
    June - Chicago for 4 nights and a Cubs game (we're taking our nieces to get them some big city experience)
    July - Nashville - Weekend trip going to rent a car and drive down and EAT ALL WEEKEND
    August - Too damn hot to do anything.
    September - My birthday (going to try to sneak another trip in to Vegas :) )
    October - The birth of our first child

After October, the trips go on hold for a bit. As my wife says, this year is our 'swan song'

13. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No fly-fishing for trout? Outside of lighting a bonfire on a river bank and cat fishing until the sun comes up this is my favorite way to enjoy fishing.

14. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will head up to northern Minnesota a few times during the summer for some fishing and relaxation. Possibly a camping trip or two. Similar to Joe's comment, there are a TON of festivals around here so that is always a great time. This may sound silly but I also deliver pizza a few nights a week just for extra Vegas cash. The tips are plentiful and our next Vegas trip isn't until December so that gives me plenty of time. I find this to be a good solution for extra vacation cash since we have 2 young children (that can make adult vacations less frequent).

15. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hoya, let me know when you're in MKE. It would be neat to meet a board member somewhere other than Vegas. And we know several good micro brewers in the area.:beer:

16. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are doing a 11 day cruise of the Adriatic (Italy, Croatia, Montenegro and Malta) and also visiting some of my wife's family outside of Venice.

17. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Banff and Bandon in the span of 3 months. Man I envy you. :nworthy:

18. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

April-Vegas and Tahoe for 2 weeks
    May-S Dakota to see the wild west and some NP's
    Sept.- Canadian Rockies (Calgary, Banff, Jasper and Glacier NP

Summer isn't planned yet but I'm sure there'll be another Vegas trip in there somewhere.

Josie, have you been to Best Friends? We've volunteered there several times and I can't wait to get back.

19. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Look out, H2, if the weather is nice and he can't "comment" on the weather, he'll grouse about his bunions. :evillaugh

20. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man, folks are doing some awesome stuff!! Tahoe, Euro cruises, Red Rock country, chilling, hanging with Joe, etc. Good stuff!!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.