1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo Go rooms

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Flynn1985, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flynn1985

Flynn1985 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, there this is my first post, I would really appreciate some help. Im looking at staying at the Flamingo for 8 nights in October and I was wondering if it is worth the extra cost to upgrade to a GO room ( around $100 more).

Never stayed at Flamingo, also we are a late 20s couple who arent in our room a lot but dont want to stay in a total dump. Just looking for somewhere clean and comfortable.

Also are the GO rooms nicer than the standard rooms at Harrahs?

thanks

2. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $100 total over 8 nights? Go with the GO...Fab rooms (last I knew) don't have a fridge...the GO is worth it just for the fridge. The GO rooms are starting to show wear but I personally still like them more than the Fab rooms...better bathrooms with the GO also.

3. Flynn1985

Flynn1985 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi yeah its about $100 more over the 8 nights which I thought was pretty reasonable. I wasn't sure if there was a big difference in the quality of the rooms.

4. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Worth it for sure

Fridge, bigger tv, much nicer bathrooms

5. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not all Go rooms have a fridge.

I would advise the original poster to check out YouTube vids of each room.

For that rate I would be booking a Go Room - and am booked in a Go room for my next trip.

6. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally worth it. The Fab rooms are fine, clean and functional, my biggest complaint was the bed was hard. I LOVE the GO rooms, big bathroom with a tv in the mirror, huge TV in the bedroom, as others have said the frig is a huge plus. I don't drink coffee, but the GO rooms have coffee makers and that's important to some. Beds are nice and soft, hard bed is a deal breaker for me.

For $100, I wouldn't think twice about it for that many nights. The GO room is more of a "vacation" room and, while not luxury, they are one of my fave rooms!

Enjoy!
    diane

7. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed in a Go room 13 times and they have always had a fridge. If yours didn't they must have removed it for some reason. I would have called and asked for one.

Go rooms are much better IMO than the Fab rooms and definitely worth $100 more over 8 nights.

8. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome to know...I'm booked in a Go Room again!

Where is the fridge located? - it doesn't say anything in the room descriptions about a fridge.

9. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395696522.820276.jpg fridge under counter near window.

10. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GO room for sure! We have always upgraded and it has been well worth it. Always have had a fridge and bathroom much nicer. The coffee pot alone will almost save you the $100.00. Go around the corner to the Stage bar and buy a little container of milk, or even better Bailey's and you are set to start the day.
    No question in my mind.

11. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely get a GO room. It is one of my favorite rooms on the strip.

12. Flynn1985

Flynn1985 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for all the info guys, have decided to book the GO room. Just wondered do most of the GO rooms have good views.

13. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a room for my parents at the Flamingo (I'm in vegas at the same time so I'll be checking them in). They are simple people and didn't want to pay the extra to go from FAB to GO. I was wondering what the odds are the $20 trick would work to go from FAB to GO, anyone with experience?

14. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good views ( strip /fountain) are more money, theres 2 level of go room theres go deluxe and go luxury its the almost same room except for the view.

I say almost cause most of the go room with strip views only have a shower while the one facing the mountains/pool/habitat have shower and tub

15. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When are you going? I'm am anxious to hear if it worked. We are going in September and so far have a FAB room booked. I don't really care about the size, etc. but would really like the coffee maker/fidge. Please update after you go.

16. carrie_dave_and_cody

carrie_dave_and_cody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed in a Go room last July and loved it. We had a room on the 24th floor with a fountain view, but could hear construction noise from Bills. I would definitely pay for the upgrade. The room had a shower with a separate tub, a fridge, and the DH was impressed with the stereo they had hooked up to the TV (it even had a small subwoofer). I think our upgrade cost $80 for 4 nights.

17. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you Go room have both a refrigerator and a coffee maker?

18. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed in GO rooms more times than I can count over the last 4 years and never had one without a frig and coffee maker. The higher the floor, the less construction noise. I was on the 26th floor looking directly down on the construction, I could see them working but couldn't hear a peep.

I have used the $20 tip for a GO room back when I was only comped in a FAB room. It completely depends on when you arrive (mid week easier) and what the hotel occupancy is. My experience is if they have those available, they will give them to you. If they are booked pretty full, probably not.

All Flamingo rooms have floor to ceiling windows, so the views are great, especially if you're high enough to be above the advertising wrap on the building.
    diane

19. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could you hear any noise from any of the night clubs while facing the strip? (Caesars and Carnival Court...I believe)

20. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are Go Rooms above that? Those rooms above the wrapping are also bigger?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.