1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Brooklyn Bowl @ The Linq...Anyone Been Yet ?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Camp Rusty, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heynow.....

We will be coming down for the Cheese shows this Fall, has anyone been yet ?

Saw a couple reviews on Yelp, looks good but expensive, wanted to check with the experts here :) :) :)

2. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its awesome. Best concert venue in Las Vegas.

3. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ive been its okay as long as its not to crowded otherwise it could be a nitemare.

if your really picky and have money get the bowling thing as they have the best view.

really good food but you cant see the show from there.

not expensive for vegas or nyc .so whats expensive too you.

they dont have dollar beers.:cry: i just paid 11 dollars for a beer at club the other nite so :cry:

4. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have they announced that dates for SCI yet? All I have seen is "fall"...

5. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was checking out their website. At first I thought holy cow! $25/half hr. Then I remember it's on the strip. I hope Cake is still performing there in October, would be a cool to see them there.

As for their location. Their map on the site puts it down by Fashion Show Mall. That seems odd to me. Or is it actually AT The Linq location?

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    at linq right by the big ferris wheel

cake i heard played for only a little over an hour .two 35 minute sets and wasnt very good. that was the report from people who went

7. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been twice now and it is great!

They had free bowling and rentals their entire first week, so some friends and I went to bowl. Each lane has a very comfortable couch and a waitress to help with food and drink orders. It's a fun place to bowl and, even though the cost seems high ($30/half hour after 6pm), with 4-6 people in a lane, it's not bad at all.

Just like in Brooklyn, the food is by Blue Ribbon. Their signature fried chicken is amazing (and as non-greasy as everyone says it is) and their french bread pizzas are tasty. The Bourbon St Nutella milkshake was one of the best shakes I've ever had. And the $6 corn appetizer is simple, yet addicting.

I returned for The Roots and the place has proven to be an excellent concert venue. It feels like House of Blues, but nicer. There is lots of room on the lowered concert floor and even more room at ground level by the bar. Sound system and lighting were top notch. If you want to sit at a table and watch the concert, you can go to the restaurant and request to be seated on the far side. The view from that area is perfect.

Watching a concert AND bowling could get pretty expensive. You have to have a ticket to the concert to get in and then bowling is an additional charge, with no discount for having paid for the concert. The video feed from the stage is shown on giant screens above the bowling lanes, so you won't miss the concert while you bowl. You're looking at $25-$60 for a concert ticket and then the bowling is still $30/half-hour and $5 for shoe rentals. Add in some chicken and your final tab could be a bit of a surprise.

Side note: They now have Fox's U-Bet chocolate syrup in stock so you can order an authentic New York Egg Cream.

8. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow great info, 6tyfour!

I didn't know you had to purchase a concert tik to even bowl during the concert.

That sucks.

I was planning on paying for 2 hours during a concert.

edit: Right on the FAQ page....

Also to JerryD, no it has it right the Linq entrance, nowhere near Fashion Show.

edit: I wonder what if you are already bowling ahead of time? I just wanna experience it during a concert. The only folks there during my trip are Tedeschi Truck Band and Soulive. Whatever....

9. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have been there but just during the day seemed pretty cool

10. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About 30-45 min prior to the show, they clear the lanes. The staff then clean up the bowling area, reset the bowling balls onto the correct racks, return shoes, etc. They then open the area up again for ticket-holding bowlers.

Look into the upstairs bowling lanes. I think you can reserve a lane during the concert and it comes with your own little viewing area. You get a different colored wristband which lets you upstairs. I had heard it might be some package deal, almost like a club's table service.

What I DON'T know is how they clear non-ticketed guests prior to a concert. At some point during the night, they must set up a checkpoint somewhere to check wristbands, but what if you stay in the bowling area or the concert area? How would they know if you had a wristband or not?

11. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks .... Great Info !

Sounds like a blast ! Sounds almost underpriced in the bang for the buck on the Strip economy. I saw eight bucks a beer and thought that was really reasonable considering.....have no idea if that bowling rate is good or bad. Seemed totally fair if you were a group, to me anyway.

Another thing that appealed to me was the open air seating or balcony area, is that another tier of cost above the concert ticket fee ? I'll gladly pay a little extra for fresh air:clap:

Is there bar top poker ?

12. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought pricing was pretty decent. I don't know how much drinks were as we were given drink tickets that evening, but I do know the food is decently priced. Eight pieces of Blue Ribbon fried chicken with in-house baked white bread for $24? Loaded french bread pizzas (around 12-14" in length) for $15? Up to 8 people in a bowling lane for a flat rate of $25/half hour during the day and $30/half hour after 6pm? Not that bad. They also have Rogue beer on tap and bottles of a very nice locally produced root beer (which can even be ordered as a root beer float for around $9).

The outdoor areas are no extra charge. The "first floor" of Brooklyn Bowl is actually the 2nd floor, so by default the outdoor patio is elevated and gives you a view of Linq and the High Roller wheel. There are essentially three areas to sit and order food/drinks: the restaurant (with views of bowling and stage), the indoor bar area with huge windows looking out at Linq, and the outdoor patio area. They each have the same menu and they each allow you to order drinks to be brought to you from the bar.

Besides those areas, there is also a bar at the rear of the concert area, another bar along the right wall of the concert area, and another upstairs to serve those bowling and watching the show from the 2nd tier.

They really spared no expense on this place...

Not positive, but 98% sure there's no bar-top poker. Not really a place to go gamble. And I'm fairly certain the entire place is non smoking as well (which is really nice).

13. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no gambling and there is a extra charge if you want to sit at the bowling lanes or the 3rd floor those are suites not open to all

14. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks ah6tyfour

Great info !

jdvegas.......not sure what "Fall" means to Madison House. Historically they have done the Northwest shows in July and the Southwest has been on that swing a couple times in the past. I don't think they will be the Halloween shows though, think they are at Suwanee for Halloween.

I am just excited they will be playing during football season ! Music and betting college football are two of my three favorite things !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.