1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Whicg game has a lower house advantage?

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by DonnyC, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I want to be a grinder: 3 Card WITHOUT PLAYING PAIRS PLUS
    or Let it Ride WITHOUT PLAYING THE BONUS

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Between these two games the house edge is almost the same (3.3 in 3CP, 3.5 in LiR) but Let It Ride has a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge amount of variance so if you are looking to just sit there and play all night with Let It Ride its not uncommon to go quite a few hands in a row without a winner.

3. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely 3-Card-Poker.

4. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would recommend a $5 pai-gow poker table. $100 can seemingly last forever there.
    But if it's only 3-card or LIR, go with 3-card.

Annual Spring Trip!
  5. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No clue how to play. But I'd be willing to learn

6. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's easy. And there are so many pushes that your bankroll can last a long time on this game

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  7. jaytp53

jaytp53 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    pai-gow is the way to go...even if its a $10 table a $100 will last for hours...

8. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it fun?

9. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What happens if you arrange the card in a way that isn't permitted - accidentally?

10. yoyoseven

yoyoseven Grizzled Vereran

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMO, There's no point of play 3CP without the bonus bet(s). The bonus bets are the only way to make any money.

Again, MO.

11. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On each hand, you can simply ask the dealer if you are setting it correctly. It is very common for players to do this especially at lower limits. They will tell you the house way which is fine.

Whether or not it is fun is hard to say. Some find it extremely boring. There are no massive payouts unless you play the bonus. The odds of doubling your money is extremely low(just like losing it all). The action is pretty slow. With a table with a few people, you will be lucky to get in 30 hands/hour.

12. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're not sure what to do, ask the dealer. If you do just goof it up (basically by making the low hand higher than the high hand), usually they'll give you one freebie and fix it for you. But the concept is simple, the low hand (2-card hand) has to rank lower than the high hand (5-card hand). Of course, you want both hands to be as high as possible.

Wizard of Odds, as usual, gives you some strategies for figuring it out. The great majority of hands are quite obvious. Mainly you need to memorize a rule of thumb to figure out what to do with two pair (keep together or split). I like his sum of the ranks with Ace King or Queen method.

I enjoy the game; it gives you something to think about each hand, there's the 'thrill' of slowly fanning the cards and seeing something big emerge. And with the bonus it seems like you can win some big bucks. But that's sort of an illusion, even with 4-of-a-kind you're only winning $125 on the $5 bonus. That hand would net you something more like $500 at Ultimate Texas Holdem depending on what you're betting (you're using 7 cards in both). Quads and better hands seem EXTREMELY rare, even with the Joker helping you make straight flushes.

Looking through my history at 163 sessions, only 5 times have I won more than $300, I have 59 winning sessions vs. 104 losing sessions, and the average loss per session is $63. The average bet was probably around $40 + $5.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.