1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Funny little tale

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by sweetcanadian, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alright, i have mentioned a few times that i am a manager in my day job but i also have an evening/weekend job as a server to make a bit of extra cash for Vegas.

Last night i had a couple come in who have been to Vegas a few times. I knew the wife in a professional aspect a little bit through a board i am on so we got to talking a bit about weather.

I then mentioned i am counting down the days until Vegas and getting out of the cold and they said they have been more than once but not in a few years.

I love to talk, so i got to telling them my plans and her husband looks at me and says "you sound like you have already been to Vegas, you know so much".

I laughed and said i do a ton of research. It kind of made my night though so thought i would share lol.

2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As witnessed by my post numbers, I love talking all things Vegas. I was on the newsgroup AVLV back in the late 80s & 90s, until it turned to crap. I found VMB back when we moved to Vegas in 2008.

I know, perhaps I post too much but I don't do social media. I have 40 friends on Facebook. I don't do twitter or any other social media site. I would much sooner discuss Vegas rather than the minutia of where somebody is at any given time during the day, or what they ate for breakfast.

i don't need to know that 4 square says you are gassing up your car.:poke:

OK, I get most of you are bored with my winter complaints this year, but it has just been so hard and I need a place to bitch.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sweetcanadian,
    Have you ever been to Vegas?

5. matguy

matguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Grandpa moved to Vegas a number of years ago, but from a side of the family I don't see often. We went to visit last month and even though I'd only been to Vegas just 6 times before, we were able to chat like neighbors about things around the town. It was kind of fun.

6. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never, that is why it is funny. I have done months and months of research though.

That would be fun.

Lol Joe, i don't need to know where people gas either. i don't do check ins. It was a bit irritating when my sister would check me in when i was at the hospital with my mom but meh, can't control others

7. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My boss and I can talk all day about Vegas, I love lurking all the posts on this board but don't add too much because even with my 40 or so trips, I am always beat to the punch.

BTW, Joe, Canadian, we all touch down the same weekend! What are you guys headed out there for? Any thing special? I can't wait to hit the Foundation Room with 4 Vegas newbies!!!

8. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got a sweet deal, too good to pass up. I never had an inclination to see vegas before.

We are going downtown Saturday the 12th, missing the fight stuff. You are going to the fight right??

i got a bunch of stuff planned, including Grand Canyon and a pub crawl out last night. I have lots of unplanned time for us as well lol.

9. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get those reactions also. I would not even closely consider myself any sort of Vegas expert after only a handful of visits, but I definitely love to talk Vegas and share any info that I can with others. Last week my boss was in Vegas and now another co-worker is out there. I was able to share plenty of great info with both before they left. I have a full blown addiction to VBM.

10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No reason, just our normal April trip. Beautiful weather in Vegas in April. I think we have done an April trip for the last 30 or so years.

11. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not going to any fight, didn't even know there was one happening because I am not a fan. Our plans so far are to be wasted between 6am and 730am (the duration of our flight) and rock n roll from the airport to the pool to dinner to Zarkana at 7 and clubs all night. Saturday I have no idea, but if there is a fight along with those large conventions during the week, IT IS ABOUT TO GET CRAZY!

Nice!

12. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OMG, THAT's the newsgroup i was trying to remember for the longest time.....AVLV. In the early 90's, i used to have WEBTV, which was really archaic, but that got the ball rolling. AVLV was the first newsgroup i got interested in on the Internet. Then, when i got my first PC, around 1995, my time at AVLV was greatly enhanced by my Windows '95 with a 28.8 modem and my 14" CRT monitor.
    Alt. newsgroups and alt. vacations was great until it started getting out of hand and i left.
    Apparently it's still around.

13. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, still around but useless. Just filled with junk posts.
    Waverunner, you apparently don't have PM or email options enabled on this board. Send me a PM or email if you can with your email.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  14. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yea my work friends are always like sooo when are you going to Vegas? Haha. I always have a little countdown on my whiteboard.

I actually also do freelance design work (which happens to be for a lot of Vegas related things!) to pay for my Vegas trips! I find it ironic haha, I wish the hotels and shows would just pay me in comps lol

15. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL me too

Join us downtown then! My plan is for some vp at mss then a meal at 777 then FSE and fremont in general. Getting away from the strip and madness, plus i hear saturdays are the best nights downtown.

Wouldn't that be the life lol.

16. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Join us downtown then! My plan is for some vp at mss then a meal at 777 then FSE and fremont in general. Getting away from the strip and madness, plus i hear saturdays are the best nights downtown.

Could make that happen I haven't explored downtown ever, just went straight to Golden Nugget pool, used the shark slide and left. Most expensive slide ever (because of the cab ride cost).

17. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even more reason too then, we are vegas virgins so we can explore downtown all with fresh eyes :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.