1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SW best seat to get

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by greekjim, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the best seat to get on a SW flight? I am flying out tomorrow for Vegas and have A 1 boarding pass

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the row behind the exit row that only has two seats. The window seat has no seat in front of it.

I personally would take row 1, but my wife doesn't like it because you have to stow your carry on in the overhead for take off and landing.

Row 8 gets you drink service first from the the FA who handles the back area.

3. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On planes with the old configuration, I liked the exit row aisle 11C. On planes with the new configuration, I like bulkhead aisle 1C. Basically, I'll take any aisle at exit row or forward of it. I like my bag in the compartment over my seat and think people who insert their bags on their way aft should be shot.

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're flying from LAX, the best seat is in row 1 or 2

If you're flying from the east coast, the exit row seat with no seat in front of it is awesome. 6 feet of legroom.

5. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea flying in from Milwaukee 4 hour flight

6. geoff

geoff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    also known as redneck first class .. i also like this one best. row 1 is ok but if you sit there there is around 0% chance the seat next to you won't be filled.

7. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any exit seat gives you some stretch room for your legs but the aisle seat gives you that plus access to your junk food in your carry on stowed above! Nice on the long leg of an east coast trip!

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the right before the wing.

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flights from Milwaukee to Vegas are almost always full. Too many degenerate gamblers.

10. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I'm doing early boarding and the flight originates from where I'm taking off from (usually OMA) I'll try for one of the "Southwest First Class" seats in the front row by the window. It's amazing how many people pass those by!

If those are taken I'll try for one of the exit rows.

I've found that if you want the best chance of NOT having somebody in the center seat, go waaaaaayyyyy back and pick an aisle seat where somebody else already has the window. Then (LOL) put your purse and magazine on the center seat. :)

11. SelfMade

SelfMade Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And here I was thinking from the headline we were talking about SW Steakhouse and about to say The Patio but getting all confused by the other replies.

12. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The exit rows are amazing with the extra leg room. I hardly get them anymore however. They're a popular option and have been taken on my last several flights.

After that they're all pretty much all the same. If you need to use the bathroom a lot, either closest to the front or back are ideal. Otherwise anything closer to the front is better because you'll get off sooner but you have a higher chance of having a full aisle.

I don't like the very first row because there was no tray table. I had to hold my iPad the entire time instead of being able to rest it on the table (I only got this row once when traveling with my mom who needed early boarding).

13. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are tray tables. They are built into the armrest. You have to flip it open to pull it out, but they are there.

14. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seriously?!? Oh man, I wish I would have known that. I was annoyed because by the time we realized there was no table it was too late (plus my mom could barely walk so we probably would have just dealt with it instead of moving). I guess no one else used the tables that flight because there were none in action. I don't know how I could have missed them.....

Oh well, probably won't matter for me in the future because i'll never get that good of a seat again.

15. SW

SW Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. meatwad

meatwad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Read something on the planes sothwest uses. First 3 rows and back 3 rows those seats are a little narrower than middle same for the row at wing exit. my personal favorite 4th or 5th row from back.

17. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If there are two rows of exit seats take the second row. The first row won't recline (if that matters to you).

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.