1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting bumped from your suite?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by JosieCat, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, I have an MGM Grand Terrace Suite booked for June. The host said I could get bumped, but didn't think it was likely given that I'm coming in on a Sunday.

But just in case, what normally happens. Are you given the next level down suite and they bump someone else - or are you just stuck with whatever is available.

2. dglen

dglen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What did the host tell you when you asked him or her?

3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't really want to bother my host with this question, unless I didn't get an answer from the experts here.

I'm asking because my BF is considering sharing the suite with me instead of using his Bellagio offer. He snores quite badly and I can't share a room with him. This suite is large enough for us to sleep in separate locations, but if there is a chance of being downgraded to a regular room or a one room suite, then I wouldn't want to chance it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
  4. dglen

dglen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will get to pick any room you want, if someone else is in that room, they will get bumped. A host is not going to risk losing you as a loyal customer.

5. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If anything it better be a bump up to a nicer suite.

6. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, let's just say this.

You know that Hooters place nearby?.... :evillaugh:evillaugh:evillaugh

7. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience has been....when on a comp, you are booked but not guaranteed a specific room. The booking is for the actual room, in this case your terrace suite. A few days before your stay, the MGM will evaluate the players arriving and determine room assignments for the upper end suites such as yours. Your host knows your play and your ADT and would not have put you in that suite unless you qualified. The only way you would lose it is if several higher ADT players all arrive unexpectedly. I call it..."The bus from Japan arrived". You don't go up in room (or they would have given it to the person who bumped you) and you don't get to choose any room. You usually go down a level. The next step down is a Marquee suite, still 2 br. Coming in on a Sunday, it is unlikely any of this will occur. You can also check on things the week before your trip.

If I remember correctly, you have 1 night comped and are paying for the other nights. You could use EC's for these add'l nights, or you could pay cash. Seems to me as though that should be a guaranteed room since you are paying for the add'l nights.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.