1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

comedy clubs?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by trellaine, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trellaine

trellaine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What would be the best comedy club in the Vegas area?

Are there any clubs where the possibilty a big time comedian may show up?

2. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience is that most are hit or miss. Also expect a lot of dirty jokes and cheap humour. If you don't mins that...then you will have a good time. Also drinks can be pricey - so pregame

3. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my opinion it takes a talented comedian to not use crass and vulgarity to get laughter - these comedians seem few and far between.

4. trellaine

trellaine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I was thinking of something different to see. I have seen most shows that I want to see. Looking for other options.

5. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to the Laugh Factory at the Tropicana a few times and enjoyed myself both times. They kinda advertise that big-time comedians have occasionally graced their stage, but I've never caught any on the dates they've been there.

It's a good time, especially if you take advantage of the current Groupon where you get two tickets for like $30 (can't remember the exact price).

Also, as another poster mentioned above, don't buy drinks inside these things. They're the most expensive drinks I've ever purchased. I was buying a round and got 1 Bud Light, 1 Ciroc & Sprite, and 1 Jameson & water and it came to $61. I don't even know how that's possible.

6. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suggest Brad Garrett comedy club at Mgm. Sometimes he books more well known people but usually it's some decent up and comers. There was one show I went to where Garrett was actually there performing and 2 other acts stopped in just bc he was there and the show was extended by an extra 45 minutes. One of the extra acts was Gilbert Gottfried who was actually alot funnier than you would think

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of these clubs are hit and miss just like comedy clubs in every city. Different acts each week, some funny, some not so funny. Sin City Comedy at PH was horrible, the whole show, 2 comedians, 2 "burlesque" numbers was over in 58 minutes.

Brad Garrett does perform at his club from time to time. Sometimes he's just the host and will do a couple of minutes of jokes between comedians. Other times he headlines. He's great. Prices are much higher when he headlines.

8. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.