1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo coupon auction: bid on freebies to benefit the board

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by thecarve, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    United gave my sister and bro-in-law some Cosmo coupons last week and we completely forgot to use them. So, I figured I'd try to auction them off to benefit Vegas Message Board. Some of them aren't worth much - so I'm going to a bundle them with more attractive coupons and sell them as one lot.

Since most of these coupons expire in May, I'm just going to put them all out there. If you're interested, reply with your bid and the number of the lot you're bidding on.

Rules:

1. Winning bidder will send a donation to Sonya via PayPal in the amount of the winning bid. If Sonya doesn't mind, she can then inform me she's got the donation and I'll send the coupon to the winner via USPS. It will be the responsibility of the winning bidder to get me his or her address via PM or a post on this thread. I'll take care of the postage (that is, I'll put a stamp on the envelope...if you want next day air, it's on you).

2. I make no guarantees about anything. I will copy what the coupon says, exactly. But I won't take any responsibility regarding what hoops Cosmo makes you jump through.

3. All disputes will be settled by a vote where the buyer and I each have one vote. In the event of a tie, I will cast the tie breaking vote.

And here are the coupons:

Lot 1: Two coupons
    A. 2-For-1
    "Enjoy two dining experiences for the price of one at Wicked Spoon.
    Redeem at Identity Membership Desk
    Valid through 5/1/14. Identity membership required. Terms and conditions apply"
    B. Enjoy A Cocktail On José
    "Enjoy a complimentary Salt Air Margarita at China Poblano or Cava Sangria at Jaleo with
    equal purchase.
    Redeem at Identity Membership Desk
    Must be 21 years or older. Valid through 5/1/14. Identity membership required. T&C
    apply."

Lot 2: Two Coupons - IDENTICAL TO LOT 1 (2-for-1 Wicked Spoon and BOGO cocktails
    at China Poblano or Jaleo)

Lot 3: Two Coupons
    A. Let's Play
    "Enjoy $25 in Identity Play - Free Play on your favorite slots.
    Redeem at Identity...Offer valid through 5/1/14...Identity membership required...T&C
    apply"
    B. 3-For-2
    "Stay longer. Enjoy more. Book three nights for the price of two.
    Must be 21 or older. Must book by 8/30/14 and travel by 12/1/14. Minimum 3 night stay
    required. Discount applied as 33% off each night. T&C and blackout dates apply."

Lot 4: Two Coupons
    A. Let's Play
    Identical to above - $25 in Identity Play
    B. Stress-Free Days
    Receive $25 Retail Credit with purchase of $150 in services
    Sahra changes perspective, creating a path to balance, harmony and calm.
    Must be 21 or older. Must surrender at time of redemption. Offer valid through 8/31/14.
    Cannot be combined with any other offer. Management reserves all rights. T&C apply.

If any of these interest you, please reply with your bid (don't forget to mention the lot number). Auction will run through Tuesday, March 18th at 9 am Eastern.

Remember, all proceeds go to VMB!

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lot 3: Two Coupons
    A. Let's Play
    "Enjoy $25 in Identity Play - Free Play on your favorite slots.
    Redeem at Identity...Offer valid through 5/1/14...Identity membership required...T&C
    apply"

just a heads up on this as i have the same thing from united. you must use your own money to activate the free play.

3. bigsuv

bigsuv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that's very nice of you :nworthy: :thumbsup:.

4. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just checking, are the coupons transferable from whoever they were originally issued to. Wondered since all are redeemable at Identity a Club, does Club ID need to match coupon?

5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are no Identity numbers on the cards/coupons, nor anything else that would make them "personalized". They were just handed out to the passengers of my sister's flight out to Vegas. I assume the Identity Club redemption is just a way to get people to join.

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    correct. open to all even if you all ready are an identy member. i was hand a few on my flight

7. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, 24 hours without a bite...doesn't look like there's much interest. Would anyone be interested if I were to combine lots 1&3 and 2&4? How about as a complete package of all the coupons? Let me know. I can't use them. I was just hoping i might be able to help out the board.

Let me know if there's anything you'd be interested in.

8. bighead1970

bighead1970 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would be interested in the $25 Identity coupons. What are the restrictions. I leave for Vegas in a few days so it would be a quick turn.

9. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what the card reads:

LET'S PLAY
    Enjoy $25 in Identity Play - Free Play to game on your favorite slots.
    REDEEM AT IDENTITY MEMBERSHIP DESK

Must be 21 years or older. Valid through 5/1/14 on slot play only. Identity membership required. Terms and conditions apply.

10. bighead1970

bighead1970 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you could mail me the slot coupons by Wednesday in North Carolina I could play the free play thru and send Sonya the winnings. My flight is this Thursday morning thus the tight turn on receiving the free play.

11. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in VA so that shouldn't be a problem. PM me your address and I'll get it in the mail tomorrow am.

12. bighead1970

bighead1970 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just Sent it.

13. NYPoker

NYPoker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll bid $5 on lot 3 if it's still available. Sorry put lot 2 by accident first time.

14. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll bid $3 on the $25 Identity Play coupon (don't need anything else).

15. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sending one of the $25 Identity Play coupons to bighead1970 who has agreed to donate the winnings from the free play to the board.

The other one is part of Lot 3 on which NYPoker has bid $5. Do I hear $6?

bighead1970: the coupon is in the mail

16. aec

aec Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be at Cosmo April 15-19. I'll also donate the winnings for the free play to the board. Or I can bid $6 up front. Could I also get one of the 2for1 cocktail coupons?
    Thanks for helping VMB. It's been so helpful for me the past few years.

17. SoCalTrucker

SoCalTrucker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll put up $5 on Lot 1.

18. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay...I'm going to consider the value of your offer $10. If no one wants to offer more than $10, I'll send it to you and you can donate the winnings. As far as the cocktails...if I can't get something for both of them I'll send it to you.

Also to sweeten the pot a little, I'll match whatever the high bids are as a donation to the board. (Within reason...if someone hits a jackpot with the Identity Play - and is [STRIKE]crazy[/STRIKE] generous enough to donate it to the board - that ain't getting matched!)

So, we now have a high bid of $10 on lot 3, $5 on lot 1...and the other $25 Identity Play is on it's way to bighead1970.

19. bighead1970

bighead1970 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am thinking about using the 25 fp in a high denom slot. A small hit would be a nice check. Although I am the worlds worst slot player.

Thoughts?

20. SoCalTrucker

SoCalTrucker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made sure to read through your first post again and didn't see an end date for the auction. Just asking because we head to Vegas in a couple weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.