1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Room Upgrade?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by chefshaun, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chefshaun

chefshaun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have 2 deluxe king rooms for four of us reserved for Saturday April 12th-15th. I realize a Saturday arrival will hurt us but what are the chances we can get an upgrade to 1 two bedroom Sky Suite with a $40 "tip"?

Since the Sky Suite check in is located in a separate area would it work to go there first to see what they could do? Are they even able to upgrade a Deluxe Room to a Sky Suite at the normal check in area?

2. touche22

touche22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you try this I would like you to record it and post the video here. I think check in persons reaction will be golden ;)
    Unless you add like 2 more zeros to that 40$

Was this a level?

3. sabinomarine

sabinomarine Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They can upgrade to Sky Suites at the regular Aria check in. For 40 bucks on a Saturday check in, you might be able to get strip views on the same floor, might. Always worth a shot but for 40 I don't see this happening at all.

4. chefshaun

chefshaun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, never said it was going to work...lol. Just curious if they could do the upgrade at the main desk. My only hope was that we would be combining 2 rooms for one.....makes sense in my head....:wink

5. touche22

touche22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

The worst they can say is no.

What my friends and i did Aria was get adjoining rooms with the door between and just kept it open

6. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hmm they still have those. Cool. I've stayed at Aria a dozen times, now I'm trying to recall if I've seen that door that leads to nowhere. LOL.

7. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is just not going to happen, you are asking to be moved from their base room to a 2BR suite. A 2br suite is pretty sacred in MGM world and they will find it hard to believe you are even asking.

8. touche22

touche22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yeah it was a 2 queen room beside a King room. It makes for a lot of room and good for naps if only a couple people from the group need one. The rest just pile into other room and keep drinking

9. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going to try to get Aria for a Mon.-Thur. night via My Vegas. If the $20 trick won't work, will $50? Just kidding. But has anyone tried the $20 (or more) trick for an upgrade with a My Vegas booking @ Aria? If so what did you ask for and what did get? Thank you all.

10. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    chefshaun, think of your request in terms of a restaurant. If you had a guest who ordered a shrimp cocktail and hoped a $5 tip would get 2 16oz lobster tails for the price of his shrimp.
    Not likely.

11. Jepockn

Jepockn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used the 20$ trick with myvegas twice. First time the myvegas room was the two night city view. Didn't get anything. Second time was three nights with deluxe room and got moved to a city view.

12. chefshaun

chefshaun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't necessarily compare it like this. First, we have two rooms and would request one two bedroom room. The cost of the 2 rooms is about $1114 and the cost for the two bedroom Sky Suite for the same three days would be around $2100. This would be closer to them having a coupon for two free shrimp cocktails, tipping the server and getting the lobster. And don't under estimate the amount of free food and drinks that go out when a customer tips well. Most hourly employees don't care as long as they get the good tip. I wouldn't tip the owner of a hotel in hopes they would upgrade me....

13. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But, you do seem to expect $1000 worth of value for a $40 tip?!?

14. chefshaun

chefshaun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't expect it, just wanted to know the chances. I know it would be a long shot.

15. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd say better odds of putting that $40 on a 10 team parlay and hitting for $28,000 then you can just pay for the Sky Suite.

Problem solved :beer:

16. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two bedroom suites are in short supply.

Players get first crack at them.

Just the way it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.