1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Type of food

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Snowbelle3, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we are usually concerned with the restaurant or buffet we like most....but what about the type of food we seek most while in Vegas?

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have more of a UN approach to food.

3. Blacklegs22

Blacklegs22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is probably going to sound really elitist, but we love to over-indulge at least once a trip on what I would call "french inspired cuisine". The French and their followers have a reputation globally as the most discerning and talented purveyors of fine cuisine. In my limited experience, I have found this reputation to be more than justified...especially in Las Vegas!

Favorite french or french inspired restos would include Picassos, Le Cirque, Bouchon, Payard,Mon Ami Gabi etc...I'd like to include Roubochon or Savoy on that list,but we haven't made it to either yet...maybe next trip?

4. usmcbaby

usmcbaby Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We don't really seek out any particular type of food or restaurant while in LV. Here in Texas (Dallas-Fort Worth), we have all the great steak, mexican, burger and bbq restaurants to eat at at any time.

To be quite honest, we've never had a so-called "great" meal while in LV. Now we haven't been everywhere because we've only visited 6 times, but so far most of what we've had has been average. Nothing terrible just average.

5. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the joys of LV visits is the vast choices. We don't seek out 1 or 2 types of food, we try to sample as many different things as possible & have our favs at most places.

6. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My food choices don't change when visiting LV.

I do eat a lot less. We usually are in in LV for the summer months when the excessive heat neutralizes hunger.

7. bryan1650t

bryan1650t Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in a small town. The closest shopping hub is an hour away; so please forgive me as I am not used to the finer things in life. I like steak, Chinese, and Greek restaurants. I have not, however, found any Greek, Lebanese, MiddleEastern in Vegas on the strip. If anyone knows where I can get a gyros on the strip, please share. I would be thrilled!

8. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having written this, let me elaborate. We like the spectrum of food from all corners of the world, but when traveling we like to pay a bit of heed to "local," which can mean many things I realize.

9. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We do go to buffets and some restaurant dining, but I like to eat at McDonald's when in Las Vegas.

10. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotta have steak and something Asian at least once. Also at least one decadent dessert.

11. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Unfortunately, no. Milos in Cosmo is a Greek restaurant but not the type of Greek food you're thinking of, its a seafood place. For all the great dining in Vegas if you think about it is mostly limited to the types of cuisines with very broad familiarity. There is little to no Greek, Middle Eastern, Indian, Southeast Asian, even South American on the strip.

12. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is true for me as well. The place where I have enjoyed most food is atlanta ga. However LV has my favorite bbq and pancakes anywhere.

I generally look for good spaghetti and nice ribs. I have splurged on spaghetti in vegas and I am frequently disappointed. But the rigatoni and ziti at buca di beppo at excalibur was solid. however their spaghetti was uninteresting. When I went to france and had spaghetti on the famous champ-elysees, the spaghetti tasted like chef boyardee and I paid almost $30. The same is true of the spaghetti I have had in Vegas from low end to to mid-range. Bland or canned tasting. Chef boyardee is fine if you are paying 75cents.

13. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loads of great pasta in Vegas. It's one of the things that town can flat out do.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.