1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

LV Speedway driving experiences

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by scottydoog, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone done any of the driving experiences at the LV Speedway? Had a look at the Petty website, they look good, but as with all driving experiences, seem expensive.
    Just wondering if they are worth the money?

2. Shauncho

Shauncho Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have personal experience driving but I went with a friend who did the Petty driving experience and he loved it. While it does seem pricey, the look on his face when he got out of the car told me it was WELL worth the price.

3. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know a guy who did it and said it was awesome and well worth the money.

4. Anndi626

Anndi626 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A friend of mine did it and she was blown away but then again she watches Nascar races. I did it also that day but unfortunately, I get vertigo and was not as excited when I was done. You get 5 ? laps and that was it. If I were to do it again, I would have to do the experience where I drive and am not the passenger. Now to me, THAT would be worth it.

5. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tagged along with a friend. He booked the driving experience in advance. He chose the mid tier one. Not the one with the fewest laps but the one above that. He liked that because they split it up into 2 runs so you can take a break in between and learn more about what you did the first time and perhaps improve on your second time out. Maybe they split it up because they had a bunch of people waiting. I recall it rained that afternoon so I think 2 groups got combined into one (afternoon group and night group). Couple hundred bucks but he enjoyed it.

I tagged along just to break the usual routine up. Once you get there and hear the rumble of the engines amd smell of the high octane fuel, your adrenaline certainly gets going. I couldn't sign up to drive by that point but I signed up for the hot laps. 3 for a hundred bucks or something like that. Expensive but why not. Wait until you see the prices of the souvenir pictures and videos they have for sale.

It's run very professionally and safely.

6. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all your replies. I see they do a muscle car challenge, my daughter seems keen to do that, if we go ahead with it, I,ll post a report.

7. Ford-stu

Ford-stu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do it mate. I have just returned from a vegas trip and I only got to watch the petty experience as it was sold out due to nascar being in town but It looked so bloody good. If your a petrol head at all trust me you will love it.

I'm going back to vegas next march and I will be booking it up in advance.

Stu

8. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought I remember you doing this in one of your TRs?

9. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the Exotic Racing. They have their own little road coarse right outside the actual speedway. There you drive supercars like Ferraris and Lambos, not Nascars.

10. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just had another look on the website, my daughter seems keen to do the drift experience in the corvette, I can see I,m gonna spend a few $$$$ here this trip!

11. Jake&Avery

Jake&Avery Planning my next vacation!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked the 8-lap Petty driving experience for my DH a few years back and he LOVED IT!! He got up to 132mph driving himself and then I did a ride along with a real driver and did 160mph - it was awesome!!

It did take most of the day, but well worth the time and money!!

12. 4dazeoff

4dazeoff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    did the ride long, 3 laps for $99. talked the driver into full speed by telling him I was undercover boss and he would be fired if he didn't go full speed! he did not disappoint! 180mph, I think. only took 90 seconds or so for 3 laps! one of the most exhilarating things I've ever done. ear to ear smile for 20 minutes after I got out of the car.
    funniest thing I've ever heard in Vegas is when I was browsing the souvenirs after and the guy behind the counter asked if I needed anything. I jokingly asked if the had any "smile remover" because I couldn't stop smiling. without missing a beat he replied, "yeah, just go back to town and gamble for 30 minutes, that should do it for you". I busted out laughing and thought it was so funny (but so true!).
    go for it! it was a blast! good luck:beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.