1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

hello (finally!) from Connecticut

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by fenway68, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I joined here apparently in 2006, but became a frequent poster on another vegas board...I took a break from there for a while, and now back, found the "traffic" to be a lot lighter than it was...came here and found that I had an account already set up...who knew (guess my middle age is catching up??)

I frequent Vegas once a year with my Dad (now in his 70's) we have been travelling together almost yearly since 1997. I have also been out with my wife, and twice with "the boys" total, if I have counted correctly 16 trips to date. I have two scheduled for this year...June and October (w Dad and the boys respectively).

I am a (in no particular order) VP, horses, craps, black jack, and hold e'm player. rarely do we do regular slots. We play lower levels, dreaming of "breaking out" one day and playing with the big boys and getting treated like VIPs...

Dad and I enjoy good food, tend to dine at the bars of the nicer restaurants, don't usually do buffets accept the occasional breakfast. We like to stay at a place w decent exercise facilities as we get a workout in every morning as we find we feel much better through the day when we do.

You will often find us playing crappy VP at bars that comp us decent drinks, because, yes, we are suckers...but Dad enjoys and has hit a royal doing just that. One of our fav's is the Aria bar just outside the sports book.

Fav restaurants include any of Wolfgang Puck's places, Spago a big favorite never disappoints...hidden pizza, and others, but we seem to try new spots every trip...

I have been lurking the last few days, and you seem to have quite a group contributing here and hope to get answers and contribute my experiences as well soon...

Scott
    (Fairfield County CT)

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome back Scott!!!

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Scott! Glad you've decided to come back to the board!!!

4. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, folks...!

5. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome back fenway68! I'm a former Nutmeger.....grew up in Naugatuck, went to UCONN and had I stayed in CT probably would have stayed in the area around Storrs or Fairfield County. Awfully pretty there. Hope you enjoy it here. I have been going to LV mostly in Feb, but 2x in april and have been thinking of adding another trip a year and I was thinking October. How do you like it then? I don't like the heat so I think that would be better than Sept's heat and Nov's cold.

Jimbo338

6. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    most of my trips have been in the summer heat...last trip 115!! early June is tolerable, 2 trips in February were nice, but no pool time (too cool)...two trips in April were great!! first october trip this year...I expect similar to april

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.