1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Total Rewards Calendar

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Drambler, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty new to the whole TR deal and was pretty amazed to see how many comp days I had on the availability calendar. I was also pretty amazed on how fast they disappear or reappear. I saw a great offer for Paris that is now gone.

Does anyone know how often the calendar is updated? Is it daily, hourly, etc? I suspect it updates in the evening but am not sure. I keep checking it waiting for that offer to show up again but if it is only once a day I won't waste as much time checking.

2. rdrfn70

rdrfn70 Low-Roller

I haven't seen any offers since last December??

3. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find that the availability calendar trumps any of the offers I am sent. If you click on reservations on the top of the page, there is a link that says "looking for availability calendars? Click here." Click that and you can view all the properties and the deals there are better than the offers.

4. Sierra

Sierra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've found that the good dates (comped) disappear for two reasons. Either they have a LOT of availability and have them comped until the comped dates are full or they are comped due to my reason good play, and if I low ball them, they disappear. Grab them when you see them. Cancel later if it doesn't work.

5. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I figured this was the case..I wasn't where I could book the rate and by the time I got home it was gone. Oh well.

6. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I check the Calendar probably every 2 weeks.....

I am staying at Paris in a couple weeks, but really prefer PHo.... Paris I have a host and PHo I dont... but its all good...

Just try things out.. make sure you dont select dates, and just do the calendar and then you can cycle thru the dates etc...

7. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Yeah, Drambler, like Sierra said, when it comes to CET offers it's always best to book as soon as you can. I think David Copperfield heads up their Marketing Dept. You know, "Now you see it, now you don't.":evillaugh

8. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a complete guess, but my assumption is they update daily. However I also assume this is heavily tied into their entire reservation system. If a room completely sells out, I would assume the calender would indicate this as well. It is also possible that they keep a few extra rooms just for total rewards members.

It certainly is not weeks before it updates. It is either dailiy or near instant based on room availability. How they figure out the prices is anyones guess. Most likely some calculation based on how many rooms left, time before the date, and other expectations on those dates.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they update often, maybe daily.

BUT

AND a BIG BUT.

Assume they have 2 rooms left at a low or comp rate. Then somebody takes them. No rooms left at that rate.

No update took place,but no deals left.

Simple stuff.

10. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Book early and often, you can always change (but you will have to delete your existing reservation first if your replacement stay is within 3 days of the original stay booked).

The rooms may appear again if you put in significant play since the last time you logged in. If not, chances are the rooms based on your approximate ADT have been booked by others. I'd check maybe once or twice a week.

I always lock in my most expensive period before the trip, and adjust as other offers come in. The great thing about CET is you can book rooms several months in advance, and can adjust as offers come in from other groups (Boyd, MILFe, Stations, etc.) which usually arrive within a month or two of the trip.

[YOUTUBE]0j6g_uUhH2c[/YOUTUBE]

11. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've actually seen the rates changes almost instantaneously. Check out a rate, then look at offers, then go back to the calendar...and things are a bit more expensive. So I'm sure it fluctuates based on availability, the ADT formula they use, and I wouldn't be surprised if it also factors in how often a certain date is looked at, etc (just like the airlines). And I'm guessing there's also a sliding scale involved, something along the lines of "X many rooms available on day Y, divided by number of days between now and day Y" that is factored into the rates you're offered.

But as others have said, just check back. One of the things I do like about CET is they have so many rooms available overall, you can usually get something comped or pretty cheap at the last minute (unless there's a huge event going on).

12. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET hosts can book you at any CET hotel. Why don't you just call or email your host and ask them to book you at Planet Ho if that's where you prefer? My host is at Caesars but I had him book us at Planet Ho over New Year's.

13. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree.

My host is at Rio and he has booked us at PH, Paris and Caesars many times. I talk to him when I arrive, usually see him when I am playing at rio and then call him when I am ready to check out to check my play.

The 3 P trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
    The 3 P Trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.