1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Suggestions on what I should do with my wife ? A Vegas loss before I've even left.

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Flopitbaby, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flopitbaby

Flopitbaby Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I'm working in my office deep into a project and my wife yells into me that I received drink coupons from SWA (Score as I'm heading to Vegas at the end of March :beer:). In the next breath she says that they expired on Feb. 28th (It was March 3rd as she was telling me this) and SWA didn't even mail them out until Feb 14th she bellows. Once again I'm deep into work and as any good Husband who pretends he is paying attention would do, there were alot of "Yes Dear's" coming as my replys. In the next breath she says should I throw them out and I say "Yes":rolleyes2:. I swear it was not 15 seconds and it hit me to yell back to her "What Year do they expire" She reply's 2015 but I already tore them up. I ran out of my office into her hoping to find the tickets tore in half and maybe just maybe I could somehow salvage them but of course she for some insane reason decided to tear them into confetti :cry:.
    So my question is what should I do with her ???

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish I had something "witty" and funny to share... I'm sure others will. I'd file it under the heading of "shit happens" and love her even more. Four-(4) drink tickets (which I'm guessing is the amount you were sent) are insignificant and use it as a great opportunity to show what a wonderful, compassionate, and FORGIVING husband you are!!! Build up points for the next time YOU screw up!

3. dglen

dglen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pay more attention when she is talking to you? :D

4. Flopitbaby

Flopitbaby Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great advice.

5. Flopitbaby

Flopitbaby Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes Dear ! :evillaugh

6. Bazzito52

Bazzito52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Book a return trip to Vegas with her for after you return from your March trip.

Make sure to reserve her a nice spa treatment for while you're there and then tell her,"This is what's going to happen to you every time you tear up a coupon of mine from now on!"

That ought teach her!

7. nsideirish

nsideirish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Make her pay for your drinks on the flight.

8. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your wife has issues. Send her to a shrink. :evillaugh

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
  9. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Replace her....

10. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "I say we blow the fuckers up."
    - Dudley "Booger" Dawson.

11. James123

James123 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm....

Next weekend, tell her you want to take her for a romantic weekend somewhere nice. Put a blindfold on her and start driving. Now I don't know where you live, but I'm going to say New Mexico, because I can.

Right, so you're in New Mexico, driving towards the Mexican border. At this point, stop and get a sandwich at Scholotzsk's Deli (this is just because you'll be hungry by this point and so will she. You can find directions here. Obviously as she's blindfolded, I recommend feeding her. It's the right thing to do, and no-one wants a wife covered in mayonnaise.

Right so where were we?

Oh yeah, so you're driving towards Mexico. Right, so actually enter Mexico, buy a sombrero, and keep heading towards Argentina. That right, keep going. In fact, go ahead and just continue on to Buenos Aires. You can find how to get from Mexico City to Buenos Aires here if it helps. By the way, this is really really far. I suggest offering the wife a cup of water, or else some other refreshing beverage along the way.

Okay, so you've arrives in Buenos Aires. At this point, you're going to have to go ahead and rent a boat (you can find a list of boat rental companies in Buenos Aires here).

Okay, so you have the boat in Buenos Aires. Now start sailing East - That's right! We're going to the Falkland Islands! Right, now this is where things are going to get a bit messy. Once you arrive in the Falkland Islands (after having offered the wife a snack (there are only 9 restaurants on the island, but you'll find something nice), you take the wife (still blindfolded) to the city center of Stalney, drape her in the an Argentian Flag (this is why they won't like that much). And scream at her "WHERE ARE MY DRINK COUPONS YOU EGG (borrowing Shakespeare's somewhat dated insult from Macbeth). Then watch with glee as the locals [STRIKE]pelt her with stones[/STRIKE] offer her tea (they're British).

After all that, make her swim home, and ask her if she's leaned her lesson.

Or just do what smartone said. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
  12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Print up 4 dink tickets that expire 2/28/2015 and present them to her for redemption when needed.

13. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would call SWA and explain exactly what happened in detail.

Make light of it and ask if replacements can be sent.

I would call on a Friday. Workers are usually in a better mood that day.

14. Flopitbaby

Flopitbaby Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the great advice ! Sounds like you already have this planned out for someone special.

15. Flopitbaby

Flopitbaby Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed on the issues part but I don't want to lose more money on a helpless cause. :evillaugh

16. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was this her first offense?

Or does she have a long history of these unforgivable deeds?
    This has to be taken into consideration before a suitable punishment can be determined.I recommend probation.

17. Flopitbaby

Flopitbaby Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could only hope this was her first offense and the thousands of $ extra I would have if it was. She always gets probation but not without getting a bunch of crap from me :nono:

18. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We don't open each other's mail if we are both in the same country. We have homes in the UK and Spain and sometimes mail arrives for one of us when we are in the "wrong" place. Then and only then, we open the other partners mail and discuss what needs to be done.

We had a similar occurrence, (way more than drink tix involved though.) and have worked out a system that works for us both.

Doesn't help with your loss, but you may consider agreeing some ground rules going forward.

19. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    in the butt for payback LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.