1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife gold do you ask for room upgrade?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by slots4fun, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slots4fun

slots4fun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm gold with Mlife and know that one of the benefits is upgrade if available but I've never bothered to ask. We are going to vegas in a week with a 3 night grand king comp, 100 free play, 100 resort credit. Should I bother to ask if an upgrade is available? Have any of you had luck with this?

TIA

2. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the weakest benefits of mlife. I'm platinum and in the past 3 years and perhaps 15 stays I have seen one minor and one major upgrade. Neither was status related. You can mention it, but keep your expectations low.

CET does a much better job blocking diamonds into upgraded rooms, one of the few things they do better.

3. slots4fun

slots4fun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I figured, that's why I've never bothered to ask. I was suddenly curious to see if others had any luck with this "perk".

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had to book a room at last minute at Monte Carlo and I booked the basic room with a king. It was a Monday and I checked in at around 6:30p. I ended up with a strip view but a pretty low floor. 15 I think. Not sure if that was an upgrade or not. I'm mlife gold and no offers were valid for that date so this was just the tier discount.

5. 7out7

7out7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got upgraded to a 1BR penthouse at Mandalay Bay. Didn't say a word, she just acknowledged my gold card and set me up. Just the once makes it worth it, it was a great room.

By no means am I a big player.

6. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I check-in I always put my Gold card on the top of my card stack (ID, CC, MLife card). When they take my cards I saw "I was hoping there might be complementary upgrade available for my stay..."

Sometimes it helps to name drop the room you want, I was at Luxor once and said "I was hoping there might be complementary upgrade available for my stay...maybe a pyramid suite" and I got it.

All but one time I have recieved some kind of upgrade, whether it is just a higher room, strip view, or suite...it really depends on the time of year and the desk clerk

7. slots4fun

slots4fun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well sounds like it could be worth my time to ask, we're arriving on a Monday this time around rather than a weekend and it also happens to be my birthday. Maybe they'll be nice and give me a b-day present.

8. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where are you staying

EDIT...NVM...grand king = MGM

9. slots4fun

slots4fun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, MGM. One other question for anyone that can possibly answer. When staying at MGM or Mandalay Bay I've always had my room charges covered at the end of my trip. They never touch my express comps and I've never spoken to a host or gone to the Mlife desk to have these items removed. If I get an upgrade will they still cover my room charges (I plan to play the same as I always do) or will they expect more play to cover the upgraded room?

10. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The answer to that is YES, they will want you to "play up to" the room you are actually in, not the one you are booked into. However, if all of your food and bev is being picked up without asking and without using ECs, you may actually be leaving discretionary comps on the table and may have enough play anyway to cover that upgraded room--that you probably won't get.

These "upgrades" like a strip view or high floor are not going to require more play, nor do I consider them upgrades at all. I assume you are looking for a larger than standard room or suite when you are talking about an upgrade.

11. slots4fun

slots4fun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, like you I don't really consider a higher floor or strip view an upgrade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.