1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My CET Host Sent Me My ADT

Discussion in 'Comps' started by LA2VegasTrekkers, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA2VegasTrekkers

LA2VegasTrekkers High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For all your comp nerds out there, I thought this was interesting. We speculate a lot about ADT and how it's calculated and what it means to comps. I don't have any idea if this is good, bad or normal, but here's some food for thought:

We just got back from a weekend in Vegas. We were there from Friday night (got in around 10:00 PM) until Sunday (left town around 9:00 AM) without gambling on that day. We played for 1,000 Tier Credits on Friday (got the 1,000 bonus) so that's $5,000 coin in. We played for 2,500 Tier Credits on Saturday (got the 5,000 bonus) so that's another $12,500 coin in. Incidentally, that cost us all of $1,500 cash money for both days.

We generally go to Vegas 4 times a year with a trip like this being the shortest and our longest is all day Thursday through Monday (again leaving on check out day without gambling). Let's call it 9-10 full gambling days a year, generally in the $5,000 coin in range. We play slots exclusively, sometimes at max bet, but more often at 2 or 3x.

We never pay for a hotel room and can get generally any room level (except suites) comped at any CET property. We also usually have $300 in free play with the offer. We also get offers for show tickets (Elton John, etc.). My host sent me a screen shot to show me how many Tier Credits I had and it also showed my ADT as 403.

Make of it what you will. I have no idea.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless that ADT number is AFTER all your comps have been included, I can see why CET would be going bankrupt.

Given your trip, I would expect your ADT number to be closer to $1050/day if you exclusively play penny slots (avg. 88% return). And your offers would make a hell of a lot more sense.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  3. LA2VegasTrekkers

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it seemed extremely low also, but I asked her about it and she said, yes, that was my theoretical loss. I'm not sure whether to be flattered that we are comped very well if that's true or skeptical that she has any idea what she's talking about.

4. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's your theoretical loss PER DAY. Not sure if that is per day for this trip, for the past year, or whatever since it doesn't seem obvious from what the host sent you.

Regardless of what most people seem to think, CET counts this as a 3 day trip even though you didn't play the last day.

A big variable is how they have the house edge rated for the machines you were playing. It could be 5%, it could be 12%.

SO, $17500 coin in x .07 house edge = 1255 trip theo. Divide by 3 gets you to an ADT of 408, which is close to what you saw.

You lost about 8.5% of your coin in which is a decent result for slots. Slot players almost always have a larger actual loss than theoretical unless they hit a big jackpot so you did pretty well relatively speaking. That ADT sounds quite low given what you are being offered, but CET likes slot players, and your ADT from past trips may have been different. If you're playing penny slots they assume you're going to lose every time, and of course the computers like that when they spit out your offers.

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I agree with your calculations, but remember, they only comped him two nights.

So while a two-night stay may count as 3 days in your ADT regardless of whether you play on the 3rd, if you divide the total theo by the two comped nights, it's more like $600 per comped night, a number which makes being able to get up to a $200 a night room make more sense.

So I think that factors into the comp availability somehow. In which case, gambling only a little bit on a getaway day when you're staying there won't hurt your comp availability, because:

1. The 3rd day counts in ADT anyway, so any amount you gamble just increases the ADT
    2. The real denominator for comp availability is nights comped, not days

6. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with everything you wrote, as well. I think the OP described getting $300 in free play and/or premium show tickets as well as a comped room, though--assuming he is at CP that is quite a lot for $600 theoretical loss per comped night. If he's at the flamingo that sounds about right.

7. LA2VegasTrekkers

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We often stay in a GO with View at Flamingo, but jump around a bit and have stayed in Augustus at Caesars several times and Red Room Premier at Paris. I'm happy to answer any questions about our play and offers.

8. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If that's the case, that makes things more in line. I think others on here have written that CET does it this way too, which I think is crap, but I don't make the rules of course. It's probably another small reason why I definitely don't get squat with CET, I rarely gamble at a CET property on the day I'm checking out of there.

9. LA2VegasTrekkers

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We absolutely never gamble on check-out day, but, unless I'm just deluding myself, I think we get pretty decent offers. They may factor in the check-out day to the ADT, but I wonder if they also make considerations for that when calculating the offers.

10. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I don't think your offers are "unfair" by any means. I'm just trying to figure out how they got the 403 number. It's quite possible that number are factoring in older trips as well where you didn't gamble as much. Because I was always under the impression that ADT was a weighted tally with a rolling time period. For example, last 3 months weighted heaviest, 3-6 months next heaviest, 6-12 months next heaviest...etc.

With above in mind, and if check-out days do count as "0" like dankyone says, then it makes more sense you are at 403. With the "0" checkout rule, then it's in a player's best interest to book few, longer trips for comp purposes if feasible. We try to anyway since that also saves us on airfare. :grrr:

11. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With the "0" checkout rule, then it's in a player's best interest to book few, longer trips for comp purposes if feasible.

You're right, and my practice of stopping by CP for one night to collect free play hurts me in this regard. Longer trips where you play every day "dilute" that last day of zero play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.