1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Nascar

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Guss, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guss

Guss Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello everyone, I am going to the race this Sunday. I am staying at the Rio, I do not have a rental car. Is there a shuttle from the strip to the track? Any suggestions on getting to and from the track? Thanks !!

2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The speedway has some bus/shuttle options: http://www.lvms.com/tickets/nascar_weekend/

My preference is definitely a rental car, though (especially if you get a “Lucky 7” parking pass – that lot gets let out first). Sometimes it takes forever for those buses to leave the track.

3. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Either way you go, allow plenty of extra time, as the area around the track is not equipped to handle all the extra traffic race weekend.

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh chef...you need to come down to Dixie and catch a race sometime if you think Vegas doesn't handle the traffic well. :poke: Vegas is like a damn express lane compared to a Martinsville or Bristol! Heck, I'm back in the hotel within two hours of leaving LVMS (when I rent a car, that is).

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.